Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
ONLY OFFICIAL BUILDOFF UPDATES SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE OFFICIAL BUILDOFF THREADS!!! ALL DISCUSSIONS SHOULD BE POSTED IN THE BUILDERS DISCUSSION THREAD! ANY POSTS IN THE OFFICIAL THREADS FROM ANYONE OTHER THAN THE BUILDOFF THREAD AUTHOR, WILL BE DELETED.

ALL DISCUSSION ABOUT THIS BUILD SHOULD BE IN:

skr00zloose's bastard child discussion

well since i was able to pick up a motor to use for my original build off bike, the 954 is getting left alone so i can concentrate on this one. here's a quick run down:

frame-1988 honda hawk gt, one-off subframe with no lower rails. custom cradle to hold the motor in place- pj1'ed black of course
motor-198? honda CR500 two stroke
swingarm-probably use a cbr600f3 swingarm, unless i can figure out a way to flip the single sided arm over so the drive chain is on the right.
shock- whatever i can make fit. probably a 900rr or something along those lines
forks- undecided
wheels- depends, may lace up some spoked rims, or i may try and find some decent sportbike cast wheels. all will depend on what i can get good deals on.
body- modified cbr600 tank, undecided on the tail, but it'll only have one seat, that i know. may make something from scratch. paint will probably end up black and candy green, for the CF feel.
exhaust- one off expansion chamber (a first for me), probably a one off muffler too. if thiers room i'd like to run the exhaust beside the motor, around the back, and under the tail to keep the lines clean
controls- minimal. throttle, clutch, brakes, kill switch, that's it. haven't decided on whether to use clip-ons or db bars. won't be able to figure that out until i have the chassis rolling and body mounts, and see what feels right.

the main goal is going to keep weight as low as possible to make up for that lower hp numbers than your typical sportbike. want to keep it as minimal as possible. nothing there that i don't need to go, stop, or turn. gonna be a lil weird kick starting a bike with my left foot :D, but it ought to be fun as hell to ride!

first things first is to get the swingarm in so i can mock up the motor cradle and make sure the chain will clear everything. the motor install is going to take alot of work, but i think it'll be worth it.

anywho, here's my starting point, i'll post up a few pics of the motor in a few minutes, have to walk across the street and snap a few.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: skr00zloose's bastard child build off entry

here's a shot of the motor. pretty old, but it should still make decent power. gonna pop the top end off and see what i see. might do some port work to it, haven't done any 2 stroke porting in years. trying to figure out an electrical system too, if anyone knows where i might be able to find a stator for it with a lighting coil, please let me know. won't need to run a battery if i can find one, otherwise, it may end up being a constant loss system.

*edit- after doing some research, found out it's not a 500, it's a 1981 cr450r. ah well, it was free, so i'm not arguing. suposedly they made good power, but i've never ridden one. as light as this bike is going to be, shouldn't make much difference.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: skr00zloose's bastard child build off entry

it'll fit.. i swear!!!

almost forgot about my budget...

:D

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
got the motor bolted in the frame with some temporary mounts. only have the front and rear done, still have to fab up the cylinder head mount, and the lower mount, then finish the two existing mounts with urethane inserts. at least it's in now, and i can start with some other things to get it locked down snug.

this is not going to be an easy build, lol.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
not making any headway here..... damnit....

i need money. anyone need a kidney or something?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts