Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I am building a custom supermoto/streetfighter/tracker hybrid out of a 2010 KLR650. I'm looking for a really small battery that I can hide away since I will be ditching all the body work/airbox/etc.

Any suggestions on small powerful batteries? All I will have is the starter, LED tail light, headlight, and trailtech vapor to power. There is a small electric fan that cuts on when it's hot.

Thanks,
Spencer

·
Registered
145 Posts
when I was looking I believe these were the ones I was going to get, haven't bought it since current battery is still good AND I was told my bike being older (harder to start) it would kill the battery faster. if im wrong then someone else will let you know. also theres a few posts about others using RC batteries I think, A123 is the name.

http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/antigravity-batteries-ag401/

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts
I don't think a 4-cell will turn over a big single cylinder very well... And if it does, I doubt it'll last long.
I'd stick with an 8-cell.

As far as brands, Ballistic, Antigravity, and Shorai all seem to be about equal in size/weight and price.
They seem to be about equal as far as good reviews and bad reviews go, also.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, are the Antigravity batteries 8 cells? By 4 cells were you referring to the RC batteries mentioned above? It doesn't say anything about 8 cell on those super tiny Antigravity ones but the slightly larger ones have 8 cells on it so I am guessing the baby ones are 4 cells

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Also, what about the odyssey batteries? They have some pretty small ones as well and also sell mounts for each individual battery which would help a ton.

If I go with the others are there any good options for battery mounts or probably best just to make some out of sheetmetal?

Thanks,
Spencer

·
The friendly Ghost.
13,174 Posts
I ran an Odyssey AGM battery in the XJ and then the SV for a while before a shop snapped a bolt off in their "post".

Worked wonderfully, the company was great when I had an issue of the battery not holding charge. I shipped them the bad one and they shipped me a good one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts