Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may or may not be the place for this but I need a small battery with enough amps to start my 900. I did a tail swap and now don't have a lot of room to play with for the old battery. So what battery does everyone use? And the budget is pretty tight these days so any info would be great.

·
Gixxer'd
310 Posts
I bought an Alien Motion battery because I had the same issue as you. I think it was $122.00

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Honda-Grom-...her_Vehicle_Parts&hash=item417e482760&vxp=mtr

Application - Most vehicles up to 1000cc (4 cylinder), 850cc (2 cylinder)
Dimensions 114MM (4.5”) W x 60MM (2.36”) L x 100MM (4”) H
Weight - 820g (1lb 13oz)
Capacity - 4.4 Amp Hours
Amperage Output (< 3 Sec Pulse) - 250+ Amps
Charge Time - 30 Minutes @ 14.4V & 10 A
Maximum Charge Voltage & Current - 14.4V / 20 A
Chemistry - LiFePO4
Connection - Brass terminals with 6MM x 10MM threaded holes

So far I am pretty happy, it was one of the less expensive 8 cells that I could find that still have good reviews.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
get a generic brand like parts unlimited or bike master. and if u want small, get it for a cbr1000. the yuasa part number for it is "YTZ7S" good battery for cheap and its made to work for a cbr1krr so i think it should be ok on ur 9

·
ZUK ATTaCK
2,957 Posts
I use moty design 8 cells in both my bikes. They survived winter storage and started both of them easily this spring.

Prolly a little more expensive but they work great and the company has awesome customer service.

90 1100 Kat motor in one and ktm 690 is the other bike.

Nate

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
get a generic brand like parts unlimited or bike master. and if u want small, get it for a cbr1000. the yuasa part number for it is "YTZ7S" good battery for cheap and its made to work for a cbr1krr so i think it should be ok on ur 9
thats exactly what i did haha. works perfect and fits under my fuel tank

·
re-tarded
1,283 Posts
Not the cheapest but I use a Shorai LFX14A2-BS12. The 14 part means it's 14Ah equivilent, the A2 is the case size and polarity. It's never had a problem starting my SV1000, even when camping with lows in the 30s and leaving at 6:30am.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts