Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making my own smog block off plates on my 05 636 build. I just have a couple questions to make sure I get it right.

First this is one of the plates that's on it. Do I need to remove the rubber piece and put it into/onto my new plate?

Second is this ok to use or can I use some thinner steel? I think the thinner steel like sheet metal would be easier but I want to make sure it's thick enough to with stand the heat over a period of time.

I know I could spend $30-40 on a smog block off plates but I have this stuff laying around and anything I can make my self on this build the better.

So do I need the gasket type thing? And how thick or thin can I go?

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
By Reed valves You mean the 2 metal oring type things on the gasket?

·
Elbow Grease is Cheap
6,370 Posts
Yup. I Kept the rubber part and just removed the screws and reeds.....kind OCD on my part. extra weight(LOL) and was kinda worried about the screws falling into the bowels of the engine :LolLolLolLol:

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see I see I already got the then rough cut I just need to take a file to them to make them look good lol my OCD no one will ever see them but I'm going to make them look the best I can lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.