Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Race pipes are only expected to last a season, too, and race machines get torn down/rebuilt every meeting at least so I doubt rust is an issue during the useful lifetime of the pipes.

My dad used to make 2-stroke pipes for racing and his were also always mild steel. Some race guys have a palpable contempt for anything that's more visual/aesthetic than performance/function over form, especially guys from that era.

Registered
I never keep track of stuff like that. Takes the fun out.

It's a one-off sprocket from Talon in GB. The machine work wasn't cheap because the sprocket is hardened steel. Still needs polishing and DLC coating.

So, yeah- not a cheap sprocket. But, I get to do it my way.
Yeah, I thought I remembered reading back when that it was a one-off with a custom offset etc.

I imagine you won't go through sprockets very fast.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Registered
I could buy some thinner-walled tubing, but might be able to make this work.

For sure, no one else using this tubing with RZ parts, so may as well give it a try.

The tubing is so thick, there's no way to use individual hose clamps.

Took some time and drew up a clamp that might work.

Thought about it, and I'm going to start over. The clamp is next to the custom radiator cap. The radiator cap matches the 2 caps on the overflow bottle, so may as well try to make a matching clamp.

Wish I was smarter, so I wouldn't have to do everything 2 or 10 times. :oops:
The worst is when you solve something on a current problem and in the process realize that to be happy you're going to have to un-solve and then re-solve stuff you thought you had had settled down for good and all months or years previously.

I'm super close, again, after putting probably hundreds of hours of work in real life and on the computer into getting the tail of my forever-project close to something I can live with, to scrapping the whole thing, chopping off what's there and starting from scratch. :p

FWIW, when I have run into annoyances with clamp clearancing etc I've just safety-wired the hoses. It'll eventually cut into the material if it's done too tight but it works well for awkward tight clearance areas sometimes.

You could also use CV boot clamps (I think they're the same as the SS zips used to secure exhaust wrap) I've used those to secure hoses when I wanted something a little prettier than wire, and some also have rolled edges to prevent damaging the rubber.

Registered
It's a banjo switch, instead of a banjo bolt switch.

Let me help you find the hole. :D

Whoa! Source on those? Fucking awesome. Way lower profile and more attractive in general than either straight-out or 90 degree banjo bolt sensors. Lets you keep using your own hardware too if you don't mind drilling a little bit or having it made to work. Very Smoker.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts