Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1201 - 1220 of 1589 Posts

·
Administrator
5,255 Posts
The fact they're stainless is a huge thing for me (replaced the mount Clevis pin and clip and the end nut and washer with as too) since I ride all year. + looks in general.

But, they are super comfy even long range, they shift great under the foot with breaking and shifting.

They feel so solid and well made. Important with body-bike interface.

·
Super Moderator
5,587 Posts
Are they like just stiff-ish and stay where you left em or do they have some sort of a spring loaded return-to-center feature? Deffy gotta have to keep those in mind the next time I`m upgrading my foot pegs.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,207
Are they like just stiff-ish and stay where you left em or do they have some sort of a spring loaded return-to-center feature? Deffy gotta have to keep those in mind the next time I`m upgrading my foot pegs.
Spring-loaded return to center feature.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I've never understood these. They look like mx or Enduro pegs, but I can't imagine having moving pegs offroad. That would be like...the worst thing ever.
I've got a set on my KX. I'm still on the fence. I don't notice them moving 90% of the time.

On the positive side, standing up going through whoops feels pretty sweet on them, as does stand up wheelies.

On the negative side I've had more than one time when sitting that my right boot gets caught under the brake pedal. I think it has to do more with the fact I've shaved quite a bit of foam out of my seat because I'm short, and when I sit the arches of my feet tend to rest on the pegs, vs the balls of my feet when standing.

I keep telling myself I'm going to start riding with my spare "normal" height seat, then I remember how much it sucks to kick start the bike in odd situations, and it's handy to be able to dab a foot from time to time. Also I keep telling myself I need to stand more and that would eliminate the problem...

I do really like how wide they are though. And they are well built.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,210
I've never understood these. They look like mx or Enduro pegs, but I can't imagine having moving pegs offroad. That would be like...the worst thing ever.
I haven't used them yet, but I think that these pegs don't move under your feet, standard pegs move.

I know when I ride over whoops or over a log - the bars and my arms move a lot forward and backward.

As the bike & wheels move up & down, my feet and legs stay planted in the same position. The pegs move under my feet as the bike moves.

With the pivot pegs, the pegs should stay still under my feet as the wheels move up or down.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,211
Been searching exhaust couplings because the pipes wrap around the frame (up-pipes or down-pipes), and the stingers will need to be separate from the pipes.

These are the coolest exhaust couplings I've found, so far. They aren't made for 1 inch pipes, so they would have to be custom made.

Rather simple concept, consisting of three machined stainless steel components. First, a threaded male piece, which is flush-cut to mate with an exhaust pipe or muffler at one end and a 37-degree male flare at the opposite end. Second, a female piece (again flush-cut at one end to mate with a pipe or muffler) that is machined with an integral raised rib and a female 37-degree flare at the opposite or mating end. Finally, a fluted stainless locking nut, which slides over the female piece and threads onto the male piece holding the two flared pieces together to form a leakfree union.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,212
I like using anodized aluminum washers with titanium bolts, but remembered there are a few places I'd rather not.

Will be changing out the aluminum washers for titanium washers on the motor mounts, torque bars, rear sprocket, brake rotors, and exhaust flanges.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,213
Would like to make parts #2 and #7 out of .090" titanium sheet (2 sets).

They hold the kickstand springs to the kickstand and frame. Would look cool polished and gold TiN coated like the other hardware.

The holes are approx. 10mm and 6mm, for size reference. I could cut them by hand, but will look much better cut by machine.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
3,979 Posts
Agreed. Or at least a v-band coupling, still lighter than that thing and you'll have a better seal, and there are decent-looking v-band clamps out there.
But yeah, springs. Why not?

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,218
I was talking about fitting some different wheels, so I don't have to use the new Marchesini wheels during pipe fabrication.

Decided to just wrap the wheels and bought 2 welding blankets.

Plans might change. May not be renting a van to transport the bike to a pipe fabricator. Might break down the bike and throw it in a car. So, now I'm worried about the new wheels again.

My old WR aftermarket rims have smaller axles, so custom work is needed.

Designed some simple aluminum axles, collars and spacers. No threads, just cotter pin holes.

Plans and wheels already at the machine shop.

·
BLACK BELT
6,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,219
These are throw-away parts, so trying to make them as cheap and simple as possible to machine.

Rear axle blocks done and axle cut. Need to drill cotter pin holes and cut 2 spacers.

Guess I never bought any chain adjuster bolts and nuts. Look like M8 x 1.00. All I have are M8 x 1.25. Can't finish the rear without them. Not sure if I can find them in titanium.

1201 - 1220 of 1589 Posts