Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1581 - 1591 of 1591 Posts

·
Registered
989 Posts
It's a banjo switch, instead of a banjo bolt switch.

Let me help you find the hole. :D

Whoa! Source on those? Fucking awesome. Way lower profile and more attractive in general than either straight-out or 90 degree banjo bolt sensors. Lets you keep using your own hardware too if you don't mind drilling a little bit or having it made to work. Very Smoker.

·
BLACK BELT
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,583
I know there's some interest in the pressure banjos I'm trying out. So, here's a little more info.

The banjo bolt that came with the pressure banjo is the same dimensions as other banjo bolts I have, except for the length of the threads. This means that the pressure banjo can only go on BELOW the banjo.

It looks like the pressure banjo will be located over the THREADED portion of the banjo. Not sure it will work (well) because of this.

I would prefer to run the pressure banjo wire parallel with the brake line.

Because of the large switch housing, the only way it can be done is to use a spacer between the banjos. In this pic, there's a sealing washer between two standard banjo washers. Not a setup I like.

·
BLACK BELT
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,584
I ordered 2 of the pressure banjos from Langston Motorsports.🖕

They only sent me one. They ignored 2 e-mails about it. I called on the phone and was told they would send another one. Never did.

I opened a PayPal dispute to get my money back. Immediately, I got an e-mail from Langston that said if I cancel the dispute, they'll send another pressure banjo.

If I cancel the dispute, there's no opportunity to open another dispute on the same item. I said I would cancel the dispute when I received the second banjo.
Never heard from them again. Pretty sure they had no intention of sending another one.

Fuck Langston Motorsports!! Got my money back from Paypal. Ordered my shit elsewhere.

·
BLACK BELT
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,588
Dang it, Pete. That's stinks. Those are really cool looking switches, too.
Will probably use an appropriate angled banjo on the front.

I'm thinking of a different angled banjo, but the pic illustrates a solution on a similar type pressure switch. I think the pressure switch is on the wrong side of the banjo in the pic.

On the rear master, the hose is oriented toward the rear and the wire goes toward the front- so no issue.

·
BLACK BELT
6,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,591
Was thinking about this, so I found a pic to look at.

I may have made a mistake with my carb tubing. I connected the bowl vent tube and the bowl overflow tube with a "Y" connector.

Should be okay, unless the overflow tube drains fuel beyond the "Y" connector. Then, I think fuel could be sucked up through the vent tubing.

Will try to redo with both vent tubes into the same "Y" connector, and both overflow tubes into the same "Y" connector.

My guess is that the vent tubes also need to go to a vented catch can, in case the bike falls over.

1581 - 1591 of 1591 Posts