Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1601 - 1610 of 1610 Posts

·
10,543 Posts
yup, just let me know what's needed

Did you mean you're lathe? :cool:

At this point, I don't even know anyone with a lathe.

I'm thinking it also may need another hole.

·
BLACK BELT
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,602
yup, just let me know what's needed
Ha, ha!! Just kidding, bro. Wouldn't put you on the spot like that.

Appreciate the offer, though.

I definitely need to find someone closer to home to do my machine work. I think in this time of COVID, there have to be some people available to do small jobs.

·
BLACK BELT
6,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,606
From the Keihin website:
"Quad Vents: Eliminates post jump bogging from fuel plugged vent passages."

I guess since air is moving out of the vent passages, fuel can get into them, causing the engine to bog.

Besides opening up the left vent passage, sounds like it may be a good idea to install a quad vent on the left side of the carbs.

The other thing is, it may not be a good idea to run the vent tubes into a longer tubing, or into a catch can with a filter. Was thinking about Poiseuille's law- i.e., longer tube = more resistance to flow.

I've talked to Roger in the past about installing oversize fuel bowls and using a fuel pump on some engines, so the bowls don't run dry- especially with smaller carbs.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,008 Posts
Give it a try. The pressure switch won't need a strong flow of fluid. It's not going to be sealed off from the port. The threads will fill with fluid and transfer pressure in to the switch.

If no lathe, just give it a few swipes with a file to knock down any offending threads you'd rather not be there.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I’m no pro machinist but I could probably modify that banjo bolt for you. At least I’m in the states.
my old atlas is not the most accurate lathe in the world but if your not to worried about surface finish under the banjo it could do it. It doesn’t quite have enough power and rigidity to cut a smooth finish on titanium.

1601 - 1610 of 1610 Posts