Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1601 - 1620 of 1660 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,606 ·
From the Keihin website:
"Quad Vents: Eliminates post jump bogging from fuel plugged vent passages."

I guess since air is moving out of the vent passages, fuel can get into them, causing the engine to bog.

Besides opening up the left vent passage, sounds like it may be a good idea to install a quad vent on the left side of the carbs.

The other thing is, it may not be a good idea to run the vent tubes into a longer tubing, or into a catch can with a filter. Was thinking about Poiseuille's law- i.e., longer tube = more resistance to flow.

I've talked to Roger in the past about installing oversize fuel bowls and using a fuel pump on some engines, so the bowls don't run dry- especially with smaller carbs.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,255 Posts
Give it a try. The pressure switch won't need a strong flow of fluid. It's not going to be sealed off from the port. The threads will fill with fluid and transfer pressure in to the switch.

If no lathe, just give it a few swipes with a file to knock down any offending threads you'd rather not be there.

·
Registered
346 Posts
I’m no pro machinist but I could probably modify that banjo bolt for you. At least I’m in the states.
my old atlas is not the most accurate lathe in the world but if your not to worried about surface finish under the banjo it could do it. It doesn’t quite have enough power and rigidity to cut a smooth finish on titanium.

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,611 ·
I’m no pro machinist but I could probably modify that banjo bolt for you. At least I’m in the states.
my old atlas is not the most accurate lathe in the world but if your not to worried about surface finish under the banjo it could do it. It doesn’t quite have enough power and rigidity to cut a smooth finish on titanium.
Haven't checked on this thread for several months.

Sorry I missed this post. Appreciate the very kind offer. Been dealing with real life shit not related to bikes.

Pulled the trigger today and ordered a nice quality TIG. Should help me move forward on the custom fuel tank.

Still need to order quite a bit of supplies and an argon setup.

Not tapping out, yet....🛠

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,613 · (Edited)
nice, what you pick?
Wanted to go with a big name brand so I can get help with parts, service, & advice. Spent too much money, but hopefully it will bring much enjoyment and distract me in a positive way. Should be here in a couple of weeks.

Lincoln Precision TIG 225

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,615 ·
Dug the MIG out of the back of the garage.

Got it cleaned up and stacked on the TIG.

Probably don't need straps, but they were sitting in a box holding nothing. I cut a thin sheet of wood to protect the TIG top. Now curious if I'm blocking any intake vents. Might need rubber spacers under the metal feet. Will check it out ASAP.

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,618 · (Edited)
Wait... Did I post that I'm enrolled at the local college?

Starting classes for the Vocational Welding Program in January. Just for fun. I don't want a job.

Came across this article.
Looks like GCC finished their new welding facility earlier this year.

·
BLACK BELT
7,380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,620 · (Edited)
that's great man, so much quicker than working it out yourself
Yeah. Hopefully, I won't have to do too much academic work. I think the first semester is only O/A and Stick. Not interested in either one. Will probably need to pay for parking and maybe a materials fee, but the class only cost $122.50. That's about $1.70/hr.

1601 - 1620 of 1660 Posts