161 - 180 of 1582 Posts

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
reminds me of the jackass crew lol

·
Registered
13 Posts
We used to break into my high school in the summer and ride dirtbikes through the nice, slick and shiny hallways. It was a blast.

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
We used to break into my high school in the summer and ride dirtbikes through the nice, slick and shiny hallways. It was a blast.
That is awesome. :thumbsup:

We broke into our junior high school on a weekend and had a book fight with the local street gang inside the building - it lasted about 3 hours. Great fun.

Another time we broke into the junior high school science class and made huge bongs and waterpipes with the glassware and tubing. Then we sat at the teacher's desk and smoked out and did our impressions of the flamboyantly gay science teacher. He was actually one of the coolest teachers there.

·
GURU
8,827 Posts
I always wanted to do a mini moto race through a grocery store. Think about, Slick floors, tight isles, cans of cream corn, Shampoo bottles and fresh bread stoon about. It would be total chaos and a fucking blast :D
there was a vid, cant remember if it was on the net or one of my vids but some guys on pocket bikes rode into the grocery store and ran a muck.

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Spent a few hours with PVC tubes and cardboard trying to mock up the front engine mounts and radiator, but didn't do anything photo worthy.

Changed the design several times, and finally came up with a killer plan for the radiator. It's kind of difficult to describe, but I'll mock something up soon. It's a single unit, but has two radiators with a space in-between, and the radiators are angled forward (like a wide V). The upper and lower tanks are connected in the center, and the radiator hose from the head fits into the open space in the middle.

Should also be able to mock up the front engine mounts soon.

I just sent an e-mail asking if it's possible to special order the Marchesini supermoto wheels in gold. (Looks like they are only sold in black.)

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
This was posted on another web site, one week ago, by motostrano:

You can check our web site for the latest prices on any of our items. Note, however, that the post you are responding too is quite old. Marchesinis are currently unobtainium in the US at the moment, with no solid eta on a shipment coming in from Italy.

Joe

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
i love unobtanium, its like...the rarest of all metals. period.

its rarer than chuck norris dying.

speaking of which..my fave chuck norris quote; he is the only person in the universe who can punch you in the back of the face

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #172
On the topic of making ground clearance for the downpipes - I don't think flatening the pipes in the belly (a little) will hurt performance much.

Check out the pipes on Eddie Lawson's OW81. I'm sure the engine will make more HP with round pipes, but probably not much more.

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
No new work to show, but I'm getting prices on the Marchesini wheels and Power One tires. I buy most of my parts from Friendly Yamaha in Baton Rouge, so I'm waiting for them to get back to me.

I'd like to have some billet triple clamps made, anodize the outer fork tubes black, and add gold TiN coating to the internal tubes like this:

Then, anodize the lower clamps red like this, and make some carbon fiber lower tube protectors:

Planning a billet aluminum front fork brace and low fender mount combo.

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Did you ever find a good shop & prices on the TIN coating Smoker? I'm still looking for a place to do a set for me!
Not yet. I'm waiting for the streetfighter rear end parts to be machined up. The cam adjuster on the eccentric dogbones is stainless, and the rear axle, relay arm bushings & mounting bolts, and pivot bolt are titanium - and all need TiN coating.

I might wait for Stig to break down the forks, too - unless the rainbow TiN will be done at a different place than the gold TiN.

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Here's a dirt bike with a banshee engine. Same engine as the RZ, but the RZ engine has variable exhaust valves which makes more power down low and smooths out the power delivery. The power valves make the dirt bike engine streetable.

Kick up the volume. The bike sounds quite nasty. :shocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncH-jToFWIc

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts

·
BLACK BELT
6,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
i fear the word Marchesini.

ive seen the prices

apparently the best

pretty much says it all.
Yeah, they cost too much, and I'm no label whore (actually, I shave all the labels). But- I can't find any other wheels that look better on this bike. I want to get them in gold, which I haven't seen before - just to be different.

I don't know what's up with my buyer at Friendly Yamaha, haven't heard back from them in almost a month about the wheels. Maybe I burned them out by ordering too much stuff. :confused:

161 - 180 of 1582 Posts