Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
i'm not really sure what happened with the screw. what did it fall into?

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
I like jugs. :)

Is it visible? you can use a magnet on the end of a stick... or one of the telescoping ones you can buy at auto parts stores.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
you could also try a big magnet

:D

·
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
On a car I'd call it an intake manifold... but it is above the cylinders and I think I see valves. I tried a magnetic screw driver... it didnt appear to be a very strong magnet or the screw has a treatment to make it non magnetic. It was visible, than I wrestled with it and it disappeared into the dark abyss.
At which point I lost my temper, started cursing at it, gave it a swift kick against a tree, and walked back inside. Eventually I walked it back to the shed still in pieces.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
well it's probably still there, so I wouldn't worry about it too much right now.... just a pain in the ass

ideas in order of easiness:

1) a telescoping magnet
2) creating some kind of snaking vacuum attachment and feeding it down there
3) flipping the bike upside down

Reactions: Christ

·
18 Posts
Id like to put my 2 cents in , I work in a body shop n we have this stuff called dumb dumb (slang) Its actually called butal tape its for putting older car windsheild in. Its sticky n you can roll it into a ball put it on the end of anything the screw should stick to it n good 2 go.
Another reason I was checkin your build out is I have the same bike. Once you get your screw out n running agian without your ram air tubes hooked up you will have some running issues at high rpms & at high speed.Still tryin to work my bugs out

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
ah yes butyl tape. I use it for my headlight retrofits. Snowman if you need a blob come and snag some from my garage.

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
*play*

·
I love lamps
4,113 Posts
are you sure you want to sell it?

21 - 40 of 67 Posts