Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not spent, I mean wasted. As in, getting parts that you won't ever use again, either because you found something better or because you decided on something else altogether (or because they were crap). Do we really even want to think about it?

So far, for me (and I've only had the Bandit since mid-March):

Demon fairing and mounting brackets (+ shipping) $95

Mirrors (buzzy and one of them is cracked after an accident) $20

Driving lights for fairing $30

Halogen bulbs for fairing (melted contacts) $30

Fartpipe experiment $60+ (first fartpipe came off, I was dumb enough to buy another then realize I couldn't deal with all the noise everyday)

I'm replacing the fairing with a Wave headlight (paid $45 for Next Day Air, only to have to send it back as it was defective); replacing the mirrors with barend types (finally); and replacing the fartpipe with Viper shorty exhaust (back to stock in the meantime). I guess I am now more educated on what is available, and what is viable for me to fab up or mod on my own, then when I started the project.

All I know is, I'm a lot more careful in my purchases now!

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
Bought foglights that didn't work out. Gonna use them on my Celica though so that doesn't count :)

Bought a gauge that didn't work but traded it for dinner. So I guess I've wasted $10 so far.

·
Recent Transplant
2,664 Posts
None, so far, but I can't seem to re-sell a bunch of my stock parts, so that's like having wasted money right there. Oh and like $4.50 in nuts and bolts I havent used.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
none, but i have alot of scrap metal/plastic :D

·
DIZZLE
1,446 Posts
I have used almost everything I have gotten for my bike for a little while, few sets of lights, few sets of bars, few sets of windshields, money lost in parts sitting in my garage, around 200.

experience I learned from messing with each part and learning ways to fab things. PRICELESS:rock: :rock:

·
Life's Short, Stunt it!
737 Posts
pretty much i wasted money buying new plastics for my bike when i was going to take it back to stock... that was only like 100 bucks though. and now i can resell them on ebay and probably even make a profit off them cuz i got all of them for so cheap.
lets hope the headlight i ordered works, or ill add that to the wasted tab.

·
GURU
4,412 Posts
CRF3 said:
I'm choosing the "dont wanna think about it" option
+1! I think if I start adding it up I'll roll my bike down a hill into traffic!

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
CRF3 said:
I'm choosing the "dont wanna think about it" option
me too...

I still have to go through and figure out how much I've spent on the ninja for the buildoff finale...

·
Urban Guerilla
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
enrico vespa said:
would wasted include something bought, never used but you wound up selling them?
Nope, because then I'd have to include the other Demon fairing I bought cheap for spare parts. :( But I made my money back on that one through eBay.

That reminds me, I still need to sell the stock handlebars and maybe the Ridemaster Superbike bars. I should keep one of them as a spare in case I ever eat it while on the road, though.

·
GET TATTOOED!!!!
2,802 Posts
I bought a fiberglass tail sectioN FOR $240, that is ugly as fuck. still sitting in the garage anybody want to buy it.....

DIDN'T THINK SO

·
fukstik
1,154 Posts
good thread!

$70 on a piece of shit generic fiberglass hugger on ebay complete shit! i tried putting a metal brace glassed in underneath to get it straight but that didn't work then i started cutting it up till i tossed it in the hedge

$90 for another wiring harness to try and get my bike running but didn't need it. but ruined it anyway splicing it into what was existing on my bike

$125 on seat covers that looked bad and couldn't get them fixed right so i spent another $40 and got them done right

$25 bucks on some misc. LED lights i was going to turn into signals but bought them individually and wired them up custom

$15 the difference in buying the wrong F3 shock to do the conversion on the TLR

$20 in misc. resistors, switches, and gadgets from radio shack that i haven't used yet

$150 difference in the tail swap. loss my ass on changing my mind from the ZX7 tail to the 929 tail. for some reason only a few years can change how bad people want shit for certain bikes..what gives?

i'll get back to you as they come to my head:nuts: :nuts:

·
hack
729 Posts
you know what though? I'd rather waste the money and do what looks right in the end, then just throw it on because I already bought it. Do it for the bikes!

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
well hmm havent had much go to waste maybe a few peices i was going to use on my exhaust and a bunch of bullets and spikes i was and still might use but meh not too much thankfully i drew a picture of how i wanted my bike to look like and its damn near there

1 - 20 of 34 Posts