Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
jamal avatar #1
3,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
that run from the petcock to the carb (at the petcock), 1.5 inches you know the ones that transfer fuel from the tank haha. So I let the bike sit for maybe a week, the bike is running like complete shit. I cut the hoses only because I had stretched one of the petcock ones so much that it was squirting fuel.

Would that throw my a/f off enough that I'd be unrideable? Its bogging down and stalling out. I'm having some issues with my exhaust packing but I removed it fully before and it runs with it out (normally, i do keep it packed because im not a squid lol) until about 9000 rpm which results in flamethrower mode.

My synopsis would be that I'm getting too much fuel too fast and that I need to buy new full length oem hoses. That or my carbs need cleaning but I did add a bunch of seafoam, which should have helped enough to at least alleviate enough issues to diagnose.

Bike is nowhere near stock, just wondering if anyone has heard of issues with tuning and fuel hose length. I mean we are talking like an inch. I deff need to repack my pipe to help with a/f but Like i stated, not that big of a variable.

Reactions: shinyribs

·
Registered
346 Posts
Is it the one that is the vacum for the petcock if so there is a vacum leak on a cylinder and the petcock may not be opening all the way. If its a fuel line why not replace it with standard fuel line from autozone it looks like shit but it will get you runnin again.
Third check the spark to see if it is hot enough causes similar symptoms

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I put a cheapo AutoZone fuel line on my old bike even put in a cheapo inline fuel filter. So I don't think that's your problem the petcock is going to let the same amount of fuel out no matter size hose you put on it.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
that run from the petcock to the carb (at the petcock), 1.5 inches you know the ones that transfer fuel from the tank haha. So I let the bike sit for maybe a week, the bike is running like complete shit. I cut the hoses only because I had stretched one of the petcock ones so much that it was squirting fuel.

Would that throw my a/f off enough that I'd be unrideable? Its bogging down and stalling out. I'm having some issues with my exhaust packing but I removed it fully before and it runs with it out (normally, i do keep it packed because im not a squid lol) until about 9000 rpm which results in flamethrower mode.

My synopsis would be that I'm getting too much fuel too fast and that I need to buy new full length oem hoses. That or my carbs need cleaning but I did add a bunch of seafoam, which should have helped enough to at least alleviate enough issues to diagnose.

Bike is nowhere near stock, just wondering if anyone has heard of issues with tuning and fuel hose length. I mean we are talking like an inch. I deff need to repack my pipe to help with a/f but Like i stated, not that big of a variable.
OEM fuel line is expensive. I've heard sausage casings hold up well and are affordable from your local butcher. Completely organic too, if you're in to that sort of thing.

G

·
Length of fuel line is going to make sod all differance to running, if theres a problem with fuel lines its more likely that they are collapsed inside, pinched or kinked & restricting flow, vac could be damaged as mentioned above

If fuel lines were too long & going up from the tap they could be air locked but it sounds like you dont have that problem, a full tank will usually push an air lock through until the tank is half full or less & no longer has the weight to shift the air

Here in the uk its easy to buy good quality fuel line from car shops or bike shops at a quid or two a metre, on a slingy with stock 20 odd year old stock lines i'd replace as a matter of course as they are known to collapse with age & ethonol

Finally i'd say if it runs like a bag of shit its most likely a carb problem so i'd strip,clean reset & vac the carbs anyway, from your post i guess you knew this already :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts