Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
i have one. its by far a fun bike to ride. it becomes cutting edge when you put a hayabusa front end on it. fuck fuel injection. you can dial em in damn near close to 14:1 without much work. mine had
ost a straight line a/f mixture. 70 something for torque and like 104 hp. wont too bad for open header with a 4 inch length of exhaust flange for an outlet. sure it decel pops like crazy but it doesn't decel that often. i cant wait to change chassis and really flip lids in my area

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Any time man... you guys are all gonna look pretty funny when you buy your own b12 cuz anybody that's around here long enough eventually succumbs to the pressure and winds up with one one way or another lol

Hell yeah, new sig. :thumbsup:

In my god honest opinion the only redeeming quality the big old B12 has in the handling department is the massive modern radial tires coupled with the unstoppable brake system. Other than that you have to be one ballsy rider to push a Bandit to the ragged edge without having a bunch of years under you whilst riding vintage machinery sporting ragged edge bias ply tires barely brought back to life with a little brake fluid treatment to soften them back up.

My old B12 had a character that is a quality only found in bigger naked machines like the B12 and the ZRX's... they head shake at the limit. Not just a little weave that makes you uneasy, this is comfortable, but when you get pushing into the slight bit of front end walking about you end up with what my buddies that rode my B12, and I as well, coined to be, "Rowing the boat.", describing the motion your arms do on the bars as it is wobbling out of the apexes trying to break free the rear end at full tilt. It isn't as disconcerting as you would imagine though, it's just crappy suspension and a hefty 500+lb curb weight. Nothing to be scared of at all. :)

I still want to run a naturally aspirated B12 at a road course pushing it full go on film though. If I could ride one again, like I did all those years ago, it would look like a mad man dancing with suicide itself... but it sure is alotta fun! :nuts:

·
addict
370 Posts
Rat I know exactly what your talking about and I'm glad to hear it's not just my bike lol but keeping that thing on a line at speed is like having two rabid pit bulls lashed to your wrists with a big juicy steak on the floor right in front of you... But once you get over the fear of the thing bucking you off when hit a bump mid turn it's a blast to ride and not many people can put any distance between you. Most of my buddies ride newer bikes with efi and nice suspension and they all get a kick out if how I just throw that beast around and am always nipping at their heels.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts
Hell yeah, new sig. :thumbsup:

In my god honest opinion the only redeeming quality the big old B12 has in the handling department is the massive modern radial tires coupled with the unstoppable brake system. Other than that you have to be one ballsy rider to push a Bandit to the ragged edge without having a bunch of years under you whilst riding vintage machinery sporting ragged edge bias ply tires barely brought back to life with a little brake fluid treatment to soften them back up.

My old B12 had a character that is a quality only found in bigger naked machines like the B12 and the ZRX's... they head shake at the limit. Not just a little weave that makes you uneasy, this is comfortable, but when you get pushing into the slight bit of front end walking about you end up with what my buddies that rode my B12, and I as well, coined to be, "Rowing the boat.", describing the motion your arms do on the bars as it is wobbling out of the apexes trying to break free the rear end at full tilt. It isn't as disconcerting as you would imagine though, it's just crappy suspension and a hefty 500+lb curb weight. Nothing to be scared of at all. :)

I still want to run a naturally aspirated B12 at a road course pushing it full go on film though. If I could ride one again, like I did all those years ago, it would look like a mad man dancing with suicide itself... but it sure is alotta fun! :nuts:
YOU CAN DANCE WITH MINE IF YOU WANT TO...ITS ALREADY GOT THE HAYABUSA FRONT END INSTALLED JUST NEEDS A BETTER REAR SHOCK.

Man I live to Ride the Ever loving Piss outta this bike. i need rear sets... or a new chassis for my leg

Reactions: RatFighter
1 - 17 of 17 Posts