Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 months ago...

So I was stopped for a car that was stopped for another car turning left AND SOME BITCH RAN INTO ME.

My left lung collapsed.
My skull fractured, and got a hole.
My brain got messed up.

I went from a bed, to wheel chair, to a walker, to a cane, which is where I am now. Because of having my brain fucked I dont remember the night before or until the end of November (keep in mind this happened at the beginning of September).

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Oh wow. Glad you're still alive man! I have been slowly working my way out of street riding regularly due to that exact situation. Just ain't worth the risk for me personally at this point.

Best wishes with the rest of your recovery. Stay positive, it helps the healing process more than most would believe.

Out of curiosity though, what kind of gear were you wearing? If you had a helmet on and still sustained so much head trauma it may help others to either avoid the brand/model... or if you didn't have one on it would be a pretty convincing argument in favor of putting one on every time a leg goes over the bike and the engine roars to life.

Again, best wishes for a smooth snd full recovery when all is said and done. Crashing sucks... even more so when it isn't even your fault.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No gear...only had 2 miles to ride that Sunday. And my helmet has a few "extra" holes.

Bluetooth thing ya gotta charge, the mount is held on with pop rivets.
It's also had the "D" rings cut off for quick release install.
It also had road rash.

BTW
No one, has ever, will ever, have one of their nuts swelled up like a soft ball but black and blue for more than a month! From hitting a tank!

·
UnicycleMode
7,569 Posts
Jeeze buddy, sounds like you got off lucky still standing on your own two feet! ATGATT for me after a bunch of road rash in my younger years and stories like yours told to me all my life.

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's rough dude. Awesome that you're up walking again. Hope you heal up fast and solid.

Listen to your docs buddy.
Doc's have said I've healed so far, faster yet better than most so probably not to expect what I do. As in, my eyes sometimes suck, expect stuff like that to get better. Memory is already good, so your noggin is better than we thought!

Just don't hit that open spot, I turned my skull to dust, they vacuumed it out!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn homie that looked it sucked. Glad to hear your still with us and healing up. Insurance stole your bike? What kind of coverage did you have and what company? I know there has to be some type of law suit against the cocksucker that took you out.

And plus one on what ratty said ATGATT. I never put my leg over my bike without helmet jacket gloves and boots. I got in a pretty good wreck in the beginning of September as well and my gear is the reason I'm alive today.

·
always a work in progress
472 Posts
Damn dude, I'm glad you're still with us. I'm really happy that you're healing better than expected. I hope you get taken care of by the docs and the insurance companies to the full extent - the lady that hit you shouldn't care about how much money it costs her since she didn't care enough to pay full attention to the road...

It's good to see that you're out of that bed and walking around. Keep it up

·
Legit goon
1,466 Posts
I got nothing new to add but glad you're breathing mate. Best thoughts for the last details of the recovery to go as well as it's been so far!
Not to poke a soft subject but how do you feel about getting back on a bike atm? I've always wondered if (or more like eventually when..) I go down, hopefully not half as bad as you, how long (if at all) would I hesitate to ride again.

Reactions: oldrider

·
The Honda Guy
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Besides that bike I have others, so soon, I hope, but how long idk. Idk if I even have a license, since I'm in ia. I have a 75 cb360 that I built to a cafe, and the wife has a 919 with new exhaust, wheel, and forks. Plus I have my grandfathers old gl1100 'wing and should soon have his kinda nighthwk 650/550 we built.

I know, more pics to add. You should see my scars, besides my sweet ass bikes.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts