Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.....Saying that I guess nothing is ever finished
latest mod is a rear view camera,
new undertail, anyhow a picture are worth a thousand words....

Thanks

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
LOOKS GREAT AS ALWAYS!!

now its time to strip her down and start all over! haha. :metal:

·
HipsterKillerGarage
6,484 Posts
How did you go about removing the "coat" on the engine to bare alu? Did you blast it? Chemstrip? I gotta know...(I'm on the same step with my Gixxer engine for my project.) :)

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its cooled AIrcraft Paint stripper, In the UK we used to call it by its brand, NITROMOR, it looks like wall paper paste, and comes in a Can, use in a Ventalated area.

The windscreen on my bike is made from the same part as the tail fin, thetail fin is a $80 dollar DUCATI monster Aluminium part.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Hey joe, bikes fuckin sweet as ever!!!! likin' the laser cut subframe rails (seen it over on dotheton)....So I see your as cheap as me on your tires!!! I just picked up one of those Shinko's today for the buildoff bike.... Am I gonna regrette it or what?? Lemme know how they work...But for $100 I won't complain much.

.....G.....

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SHINKo's are awesome for the Money, they are made at the same factory as YOKOHAMA, though I just bought Mitchilins I got the rear for 50 dollars at a invite only bike shop sale, and I won a door first prize of a motorcycle GPS, for my trouble....The GPS confuses the crap outa me....

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
I like the Shinko's. They are one better than being made in the same factory as Yokohama, they ARE Yokohama. Just a new name. I've been running them for over a year now and my current one has over 6,000kms on it, some on the track, and I easily have 2,000kms left on it. I've USED my tires and they've worked great. They might not stick like a Pirelli SC1 on the track, but on the street I've never had an issue.

·
aka crash test
756 Posts
where can i get these shinkos at a decent price there my man??

·
Naked from the waste down
1,334 Posts
endo said:
but on the street I've never had an issue.
I ran the same Shinko from March 04 upto March 06. About 10K miles on it.

The fucker would go through burnouts and not even wear down. I still have it.

Would I buy another one? No. I had slipping problems, but I think they come in different compounds no? Mine was rock hard.

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah they make three difernt compounds now I think

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
That shinko (the 009) is pretty hard, hence the mileage and such. I have noticed mine slip once in a while, but in those conditions, I think any tire would. My gixxer is probably gonna get matching pirelli's next (haven't tried them), and the fighter is getting (against my better judgement lol), Metzeler 50/50 tires (street/dirt) :D. If you're gonna fighter it...yeaaaaah.

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
endo said:
That shinko (the 009) is pretty hard, hence the mileage and such. I have noticed mine slip once in a while, but in those conditions, I think any tire would. My gixxer is probably gonna get matching pirelli's next (haven't tried them), and the fighter is getting (against my better judgement lol), Metzeler 50/50 tires (street/dirt) :D. If you're gonna fighter it...yeaaaaah.

Diablo Corsas? I've got them. They rock, but their limit is very sudden.

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Yeah...I can get SC1's for $360 CDN a set (which is good for prices up here).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts