Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Azeksi
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
after buying a streetfighter magazine I finally got a massive bike fever and have to get something to feed it. So i've been eyeing several bikes, and gonna give some names, they're all serviced well with a few kilometers behind them. So here we go:

Yamaha XJ 600cc
Honda CBR 600cc
Yamaha FZ 750cc
Yamaha FZR 600cc
Suzuki GS 500cc
Kawasaki ZZR 600cc
Kawasaki GPZ 550cc

So that kind of a list, they're all from 1000-1500€ this being Finland with it's awesome ability to have nothing for cheap. :thumbsup:

But the idea is that I want a bike that I will dismantle and buy new parts (swingarms, engine components etc.) without the possibility of ending up with a clusterf**k. So a reliable, easy(nothing is easy with these things tho..), and cheap parts (i know it's not cheap either, but you know what I mean.).

Any suggestions, and some why's would be appreciated.

·
That just happened
246 Posts
Hmmm well it all depends on what kind of bike you want to end up with
If you want a café style bike the GPZ or the XJ could turn out looking pretty good
But if it was me I would go with the CBR, Hondas are excellent bikes just keep the oil changed and you could give it to your kids, also I think there would be more parts out there you could work with just because there so popular

·
Azeksi
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quick help! Gonna buy a bike today or tomorrow so: 500cc gbz 47thou.km 980€, OR 600cc cbr 1000€ 87thou.km so both same price but the honda's bigger.. not looking for a café style bike, thought of making the gbz into a normal fighter but what do you think?

·
Fooking old git
2,216 Posts
Hi,
after buying a streetfighter magazine I finally got a massive bike fever and have to get something to feed it. So i've been eyeing several bikes, and gonna give some names, they're all serviced well with a few kilometers behind them. So here we go:

Yamaha XJ 600cc
Honda CBR 600cc
Yamaha FZ 750cc
Yamaha FZR 600cc
Suzuki GS 500cc
Kawasaki ZZR 600cc
Kawasaki GPZ 550cc

So that kind of a list, they're all from 1000-1500€ this being Finland with it's awesome ability to have nothing for cheap. :thumbsup:

But the idea is that I want a bike that I will dismantle and buy new parts (swingarms, engine components etc.) without the possibility of ending up with a clusterf**k. So a reliable, easy(nothing is easy with these things tho..), and cheap parts (i know it's not cheap either, but you know what I mean.).

Any suggestions, and some why's would be appreciated.
Move?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts