Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The guy that own's this bike is sellin it for $1800 or a trade for a sportbike wanting to make it a streetfighter, or trade for a street fighter.. But the problem is, is he's selling it for what I got into my front end alone.

If he cough's up some cash and the bike in trade for mine you think I should do it? Comes with what you see here and the stock rims with nobby's and stock front brakes

Its a '99 KX500..

His message:

One owner bike. Set-up for Super Moto riding......FUN FUN!

This bike is VERY FRESH.

Raced once in the Pike's Peak International Hill Climb in 1999...took 5th in the 500 Pro Class. Never ridden motocross or off-road. Never crashed. Ridden super moto about 3 times for recreation.....just don't have the time for it.

Bark Busters
17" wheels & slicks for super-moto
Brembo front brake
Includes stock wheels w/ knobbies & stock front brake.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
not if you have to trade your only streetbike for it. :twocents:

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Green Lantern said:
dude youd kill your self on that thing:LolLolLolLol: youd get to crazy
spyder said:
I use to have a CR 500r back in 99, bored 10 over gear'd to the tit's.. Im just stuck man
I spoiled myself, I wont get anything smaller then a 500 now if I go back offroad, If I do go smaller it'll be a 450f

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
im not sure that really counts as smaller?! :nuts:

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
I used to race one of those back in the early 90's (they never really changed), and in 2003 I raced an old '85 CR 500 in the vintage class for fun. That's allot of bike for the street, Fuck I couldn't immagine one with any traction, The noise alone will cause you trouble, the vibration will cause permanent nerve dammage after 35 minutes, the bike uses gallons per mile, not the opposite, and you gotta mix your fuel.

Yeah I'd do it too - 60 or more horsepower + 230 lb weight.......That'd be cool on the street. I wouldn't trade my street bike for one though. And I could tell you from some limmited motard experience. If you race that thing it'll beat you up bad, a 450 is more effective in the latter stages of the race when fatigue kicks in (not just a little - allot).

:rock:

.....G.....

·
Buy all my shit!
6,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
g-style street-fighter said:
I used to race one of those back in the early 90's (they never really changed), and in 2003 I raced an old '85 CR 500 in the vintage class for fun.

Yep i had the same bike.. '85 CR500 but it was built to the tit's. Anyways the guy backed out at the last second, said they were lookin for a different project and that my bike was too "done up" lol. I can understand that, they wanna make a bike there own and not what someone else already built

·
263 Posts
Keep the street bike. Thats good price right?? Scrape up some $$, gat loan or what ever and get the bike.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I owned that bike for about 6 years think it was a 92 or somthin and sold it last year sorry to see it go. I raced local hairscrambles with it and people thought i was crazy. It is CRAZY fast Like a 250 lb chain saw and ran best wide open, light and sat TALL and i used to let people ride it and bet how far they would make it without wrecking. It took me awhile to get used to it racing, BUT the every Hill climb and straight we came to, I OWNED !!!!

Even set it up when i first got it and tried my hand at hill climbs .. haha

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts