Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sodium Stroker....
Not very inventive, but it fits the projects reason for finally getting built.
Starting life as a 1990 Australian market RGV250 VJ21L.
Buy the time I got it........with 48,000 kilometers, it was barely worth the effort to load up in my van 6 years ago this Thanksgiving weekend.

The plan....
To build a stroker with no concern for future value....just make it as wicked as possible with all the best parts I can afford....Lose weight and gain power....better brakes/tire options/suspension/ to keep it going where it's pointed.
And I hope to have it done and pointed to the mountains on Bonneville Salt Flats next Sept.

Engine.....that is still a question, but it will be using a set of RGV/RS250 cases....that is the only thing for sure yet.
So here it is in the build off.....nothing specifies what kind of project the buildoff has to be it seems, so I'll throw this out for you guys like I did with my RZV last year.

Parts added in the past 6 years building up to this...
RF600 3.5 front wheel (original was 3.0x17), early 750 Katana front rotors, RGV/SP fully adjustable front forks, aluminum SP lower triple, GSXR1100 calipers, RGV vj22 4.5x17 rear wheel (original was a 4.0x18)....better bodywork on tail.....

I swapped the old stock pipes for a set of Suzuki Kit pipes last week just for the hell of it.
But not much else going on with it yet.
Have a home project that has to be done before Thanksgiving....so nothing will probably happen till that is done.

What it looked like 6 years ago after getting pulled out of a wood shed where it sat for 10 years....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Moving slow as usual...
One set of wheels ready to soda blast along with frame and lots of other bits.
Gas tank ready for paint after removing multiple coats of old paint.
RGV wheel fits in the GSXR swingarm as I hoped, just need to narrow it down to fit in the frame yet....1/4 inch per side
All new suspension bearings, wheel bearings, head bearings somewhere in the mail.
Got all my chemicals to refinish all my bolts and bits back to new.
Wife bought me a new set of supermoto tires for Christmas....but won't have them in my hands until then.

Been spending time on my 3XV2, tracking down rare parts, trying to get it presentable to the public for next year.
it's getting closer....the new tail section definitely helps....

------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Been doing some work on the RGV, just no pictures that I can post yet.

It's not confirmed yet, but I believe I have won the auction for the start/basis for my big bore RGV
It will take several weeks for it to get to my door from Japan, but I'm in no hurry yet.
I wanted a dry clutch more just because I have an infatuation for them, although gaining an extra 1 or 2 HP will help also...:D

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Back up on two wheels again.
GSXR400 swing arm fits perfect after machining off the ends to match the dimensions of the RGV arm. All new bearing EVERYWHERE, new tires also (Continental Super Moto).
The only thing really slowing me down is money.....I just ordered a Nitron rear shock $$$ and after buying the Dry clutch engine....I need to wait a few weeks till I have expendable cash to finish up the brake lines and pads. Then I will have to dig into the engine.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still no parts...
USPS delivered to wrong address, yet has delivery confirmation,.... and FedEx has delayed shipment as well.
No spare $$$ for engine parts at the moment, as I might need it for survival depending on if the government shuts our company down.
Bought 100 pounds of soda so I can start blasting clean, parts that I have had waiting for attention for other projects.
Too cold outside to blast though, so I played around with the RGV.....didn't accomplish anything permanent, but kept me entertained.

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
On a positive note today.
My HEL brake lines, as well as my parts from the Tuning Works showed up.... :rock:

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The AMA Bonneville all bike speed week has been cancelled.
Parts are impossible to get shipped.
And no work for weeks, so money has to be redirected out of the bike fund.

So....this is how this bike will be sitting for 2-3 months until shit gets back to where it was.

Spring is finally here, so it is time to get out of the garage and start riding all the crap I have put together....
The TZR is ready to roll, as is my VJ23, RZV, and 1290SuperDuke GT....
Time to play, the roads are open for all once again.

I am officially throwing in the towel....
Good luck to you guys who are taking it to the end, I'll sit back and watch. :drinks:

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got my Lectrons and my Veronesi carb adapters....also finished repainting the VJ21-SP

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,547 Posts
WOW! That RGV is looking amazing! Sick carbs too! :metal:

Reactions: busa1300

·
Premium Member
958 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like all my customfighter hosted photos on this thread are now hostage, like photobucket did to all the threads

1 - 11 of 11 Posts