1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sold my old build bike to a a guy...
And i think he overheated it and now it wont run :doh:

it was a 89 gsxr 750

The bike needed a carb adjustment. As it had a very high idle. I suggested to the dude to come on this forum and ask you guys how to build a carb sync tool.
He did not take my advice, instead he ran the bike for a long period of time in his backyard revving it and enjoying the sounds of the engine.
He did not understand the bike needed to be driven in order for the forced air to cool the radiator.
He phones me up and tells me the engine was smoking and it got very hot.

I gave the kid a digital oil temp gauge that moitors the oil temp. He did not have it turned plugged in at the time of incident.

He now says the engine has a pile of problems. (which i have never had witht the bike, and i owned it for over 2 years)

The thing is... this guy is from the phillipines, he has hard to understand english, and i dont think he knows a flipping thing about high-output 4 cylinder bike engines.

He created a username on this forum, but he has yet to post a single question.

his username is JK009

I feel bad for the dude

·
Registered
299 Posts
Buy it back at a way lower price, enough to cover the hassle, time, and an engine of course; then resell it. Or offer to put a new engine in for the guy for a nominal fee if he can get one. That sucks man, all that work just driven into the ground

·
Littering And...........
1,073 Posts
Don't feel bad for him, it's his fault. He obviously knows next to nothing about bikes. I'll feel bad when I sell something to someone when it has problems and I tell them about it. If that bike truly had no issues and then all the sudden it does, then that's on him.

·
Bikes, Bitches and Beer
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well i know i sold him a bike that ran just fine. But i guess you are right.
I shouldnt feel bad. He wrecked it himself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts