Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i was planning on making a subframe like 370steve did his on his hornet, take plate aluminum and make a frame out of that and such. But i have begun to think that it would be a lot easier to just modify my current one but i chopped down the muffler and it wont reach to where the exhaust hanger was under the frame and i want it on there to keep it from rattling around.

So i dont have a welder but i have the Aluminum that i can cut down and it is ¼ inch thick and i need 1 inch thick to make it the same width of the original hanger mount, so i wanted to know if soldering the aluminum would be strong enough for something like that. It wont be structural besides just holding the exhaust in place so i think it would work. But i want some more professional advice.

·
V4's FTW
10,496 Posts
No is the short answer. Find somebody that can weld it for you, or change your design to fasten together in another manner, such as bolting or riveting, or rethink king rhe design entirely.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
True, thats probably what i will do. I figured it wouldnt be strong enough. Now i gotta figure out what to do with that aluminum plate i have lol. I may still do a tail with it, a single seat, and keep the other so me and the wife can ride together

1 - 4 of 4 Posts