Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Northern Neighbour
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hhhoooookay,

So i've really been wanting to get into the local bike race scene.
So much so that i've bought the stock headlamp for my CBR and am inches away from ordering some SharkSkinz race fairings for the bike.

WTF?!

I want to track the bike this coming year, but i loves the nekkidness. I will not track the bike streetfightered....and chicks will dig the fairings and the bike allllll blacked out.

Someone slap me. Or give me a few reasons to do something about this crisis.

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Lotsa guys around here run fighters / naked bikes at the track, especially at the "fun day" events. The fairing aint gonna cut down lap times for a long while (until you get really fast). Your gonna have WAY more than the looks of the bike to deal with out there and sharkskin / pavement don't mix (so why waste 'em). I'd rather buy crash bars...HE HE !! (evan though that extra 2 pounds will severely hurt the lap times..Seriously your lap times are made more by cornering technique than straightaway speed (within your class). Just go have fun!!!!!

:cfrocks:

·
Welcome to the new day...
2,672 Posts
echo...echo...echooo yea hman go tear it up get some case savers adn soem frame savers adn just go for it. You got no sponsors so no need to advertise and sticker the thing up right?

unless your in a serious way racing I would keep her naked... heck them shrkskins cost big bucks adn when you crash whaaaaaaa!

Where did fighters come from anyway..crashed fairing being removed for a start right??

Be fast and the bitches will come to yuo anyway. Dont be a poser ha ha be a racer.

Of course the cusotm fighter race leathers ar a must mwahahaha

I am 44 and been on a bike since 14 and raced on the street since 16 and raced on the track since my mid 20's I hope I die on a fucken race track its that much fun bro!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
im with everyone else on this...race it nekkid.

if youre just starting out, your not fast enough to need the fairings anyway. yes. sharkskins are expensive, yes they do not do well contacting with ground.

PROJEKT 600 double aRR is going to the track next year...all nekkid. fuck yes. gotta get the name out there to the racers. customfighters leathers will come in handy for that.

also (offtopic) a friend of mine came up with a proposal for Customfighters to "semi-sponsor" his race bike (an ex500)..what that means is that i will repair his broken fiberglass fairings and then paint the bike however i wish. . . i said "i hope you like green and black" !!

:bigred: so i guess steves gonna be on the track again!! you coming?? :evilred:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts