Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
|||||||||||||||||||||||||
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this bike almost five years ago, but it's been sitting up for 3 years. I finally have a garage so I've pulled it out of storage. Time to get her up and running again. I've been itching to ride for years.

Got her home and started to tear her down.

I had a hell of a time getting to one of the tank bolts because of these stops. That won't happen again. First permanent mod.

Removed.

Mud flap removed.

All the left overs.

This will not be an extreme fabrication build, but I plan on making her pretty and naked.

Hope every one enjoys.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Getting ready to order a few parts, so I decided to take a look at the air filter.

I guess some bugs made it home for a while.

And sparkly clean throttle bodies.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn I couldn't leave that sitting for 3 years what are your plans for it. Just pretty much clean up the wiring nice headlight and dirty bars

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty much. Planned on finding a SV head light and fabbing up a way to hold that with my cluster.
My brother text me last night and has a set of 50mm Renthal clip-ons he wants to give me. SCORE. I am going to test fit those flipped/switched to give me a more up right position riding. Clean up the exhaust/get rid of the ginormous lump under the engine. Simple small pipe. Entire paint and wheels will be in the works. I am also considering lowering the bike 2 inches. Internal on the forks. I plan on drag racing at a local track and I have a short inseam.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I saw that recall posted in the general forum and I plan to have that done when I can.
I did notice when i pulled it out of storage that the front break is almost non-existant.
I just figured some air got in to the line some how. I'm now wondering if mine is toast. We'll see.

Good lookin out on that. Thank you. I appreciate it.

Can't ever be too safe on these things.

·
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
More shit coming off and my new work bench.

So I stopped by the dollar store and bought some foam board, played around with it a bit.
I don't like it but its a start I guess. I want make something like this, but more pointed and rounded. I was thing about using a Hella projector for the lighting.

Been thinking about color combos as well.

This on the tail/tank/headlight/front guard/front wheel.

With this on the rear wheel.

===================

This on the tail/tank/headlight/front guard/front wheel. I'm not sure if this stuff with work though...

With this on the rear wheel.

Let me hear what you guys think.

·
Forearm of Steel
2,581 Posts
okay...

If youre gonna go neon on one wheel, might as well commit to neon on the rest of the bike. neon accents at least.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Id go for the orange, that green is a little funky. If you like that lime-green look though, check out prismatic powders "shocker yellow", you do pay a pretty penny for their stuff though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Also you'd be better off buying a cheap hvlp and getting paint from a local mixer. Rustoleum will crap up in a minute especially on a wheel

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
If you use rostoleum make sure you use a good clear coat. Eastwood has 2k 2 part clear coat in a spray can for $16-$19 a can and it will save you from gas/sunlight/ debris killing your paint

·
Registered
19 Posts
Id go for the orange, that green is a little funky. If you like that lime-green look though, check out prismatic powders "shocker yellow", you do pay a pretty penny for their stuff though.
Also you'd be better off buying a cheap hvlp and getting paint from a local mixer. Rustoleum will crap up in a minute especially on a wheel

This n that.
I tried the green one before. They really fucked up. If you want that color, I'd recommend to powder coat it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts