Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

Sooo it will most likely be a while before I get a bike but want some suggestions...I

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  toyosuprablue 
#1 ·
Suggestions on a bike for a lil beginner

Sooo it will most likely be a while before I get a bike but want some suggestions on what i should be lookin for...I'm a smaller girl- 5'4" & ~118lbs so would need a smaller bike-something to fit my frame & a smaller motor so i don't unintentionally break mahself as a first time rider :p A cheap fixer upper would be good, I would love to go elbows deep in a project when we have room for 2 bikes & the work space-it would def be an awesome learning experience, I've only helped out a lil here & there w/my bf's bike, nothing too in depth. Thanks!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#3 ·
Ninja 250 or ninja 500. tough as nails, lots of spare parts, can be had for cheap.
a well-maintained 250 can be bought, ridden for a while and sold for no loss of profit.
the 500 has a bit more pep and you may keep it a bit longer.

#6 ·
as said the ninja 250/500, a suzuki gs500 is a good choice too. sv650 isnt bad. its a twin still but it gives you a bit more room to grow riding wise before you get sick of it. same with the kawi 650.

Reactions: BoxerGurl
#9 ·
Pretty much the same answer. The 250's were made to be beginner bikes, but people tend to think they've out grown them pretty quick. 500's and 650's usually get held onto a bit longer, simply because they have more pep. The ninja 650 has a 31" seat height, but with lowering links, the low seat (or some foam removal) you can drop that a couple inches.

I've never ridden one, but the ninja 300 seems pretty nice for a beginner bike. Bit more oomph than a 250 and a slipper clutch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.