Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....When did Cafe, rat, bobber, chopper, moped, scooters, become Streetfighters?

Im a browser, and take a lot of ideas from whatever is being built...but i think there is a misunderstanding to what a 'streetfighter' is...

but Much respect to anyone that builds and turns wrenches regardless :)

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here we go again. Read

Funny that you chose that screen name and then ask this question. You have a lot to live up to.
Not picking a fight, like i said, i respect all builders

but stating fighter in the build title don't make sense to someone like me, clicking on something to do research, then finding out its a basket case 1970's retro with a 1000 posts...

·
Registered
123 Posts
fuck it, drive on.... this sites mainly for fighters, but its home to a load of really good custom builders from the motorcycle world. Or was this just a shitty troll post?

·
Premium Member
15,798 Posts

but stating fighter in the build title don't make sense to someone like me, clicking on something to do research, then finding out its a basket case 1970's retro with a 1000 posts...
You wont last long here.

Its what they use to say in the old days "chop what ya got" and that can be extended to the fighter world "Fighter what ya got"

·
Registered
217 Posts
a lot of people here have more than one bike so they post all projects for us to enjoy,and maybe any bike can be a fighter with the right attitude.ps your bike is white not very streetfighter huh

·
cylonbros tamer
112 Posts
Sorry, no offense but a real streetfighter builder doesn't need to search other builds for inspiration!

But if you have to find inspiration, it often comes from non-SF sources anyway; heaps of mine is from BSG. Then again, mine is probably not strictly a street fighter anyway, meh.

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
dude.
Offense: the action of engaging an opposing team with the objective of scoring.

I think you meant offence. and saying "sorry, no offence but" is like saying "i'm not racist, but"

don't be a ***. streetfighter as a definition is a wide-ranging and different as chopper. "fightering" is the act of customising to suit, on here we don't give a shit what you're riding as long as you do it safely and enjoy it. for fucks sake I'm making my third cafe racer out of a GN250.

·
Remi's Dad
17,593 Posts
You wont last long here.

Its what they use to say in the old days "chop what ya got" and that can be extended to the fighter world "Fighter what ya got"
Sorry, no offense but a real streetfighter builder doesn't need to search other builds for inspiration!

But if you have to find inspiration, it often comes from non-SF sources anyway; heaps of mine is from BSG. Then again, mine is probably not strictly a street fighter anyway, meh.
Hes been here longer than i have and has built some kickass bikes. EVERYONE NEEDS inspiration.

When did people with different style bikes lose that the brotherhood mentality. Hes asking a legit question.
A gsxr with a bubble tail and clip ons can never be a cafe in my mind.
Thats an opinion.
However classifications arent a big deal to me anymore. Vtwin, single cylinder, i4 or what. 2 wheels and a motor is cool by me.

·
Administrator
50,498 Posts
Ouch mate :(

props ontha respect thing fer sure:D

·
GURU of da poo poo
5,717 Posts

So let's see the bike you built without ever looking at anyone else's bike...

·
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just change your Thread Title people...ive been building these for 15 years...and it annoys me that someone would call their 1975 Cb550 A fighter. I look at it as how the hell does that thing fit along side our bikes? lol

Like i said, respect to the fabricators, molders, and wrench turners. It amazes me reading through some of these posts and the shit thats made with such limited resources and time. Props.

and inspiration is always built by others...if you truly think you are a innovator and don't need inspiration...how did you get here in the first place? you got inspired to build fighters because you thought it was cool when you saw one...you just didn't get the lingo right.

here is a great start to classify a streetfighter: Faired sportbike, or sportbike and turn it naked.

or simply look through these pics. End of rant...cheers

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS442US442&aq=f&sugexp=chrome,mod%3D9&q=streetfighter+europe&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&ei=2lURUK_hB-qL7AGG9YGICQ&biw=1457&bih=707&sei=21URUPeqJcKm6wGp7oGwAw#um=1&hl=en&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS442US442&tbm=isch&sa=1&q=motorcycle+streetfighter+&oq=motorcycle+streetfighter+&gs_l=img.3..0i24l6.28060.28060.4.28427.1.1.0.0.0.0.33.33.1.1.0...0.0...1c.uLQTiMks96Y&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=205e47d52616dbc7&biw=1457&bih=707

·
Piston broke
519 Posts
Not to be obsequious,but that link? Hardly any of the first few images are sportsbikes.......;)
And I'm surprised that someone who's been building 'em for 15 years has such a narrow take on the term,as has already been established the original 'phrase-coiners' were performance biased chops......

1 - 20 of 159 Posts