Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Ummmmm... yeah, plans. Those things I never make, LOL.

Me and MM were talking about when to leave not too long ago. It took us 2 days to make the trip last time. So we figure that Wensday would work to leave out of the ATL. That should put us in Carlise by Thursday Evening. We can get our rooms and some rest and make a day of it Friday.

Last year we left Thursday morning and pulled in Friday evening. Which is doable as well if some need to work and can't make it for wensday.

I'll let y'all decide. I gota get back to work and save up gas money :D

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Well I am looking to see what days I need to take off from work. So that is why I need to know when we would be rolling out.

As well I was hoping to get a place to stay when we get to FF09. So are you all saying there is really no need to make plans heading up there? That is as far as a place to lay my head? Looking for some help here.

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
The CF HQ is going to be the Carlile Resort. The Resrevation info is in that thread. I would absolutley get a room ahead of time if you want to stay with everyone. It's a pretty cool place.

For all you guys that plan on meeting us in Atlanta for the ride up, I'm going to start a seperate poll for what days y'all feel is best to start the trip. Vote and post there so we can get an idea of what days we're looking at.

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Hey lets put this out there too. I did not go last year but what was the plans coming home. Did everyone leave sun heading home or what till the next morning? If it takes two days to go up I am sure it should take as lonr to come down. Right????

I like the idea of riding in a pack. Just trying to see what happen last years. As well as what I need to do for this year.

·
Fucking Newb...Oh wait
7,631 Posts
Any SE fighters making the one day trip, on thurs., let me know. I'm leaving thurs morning in the truck so if yall need to stow gear, etc. I'll be down to run support.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
It looks like we will (hopefully) be leaving on the 15th. That will get us up to FF late on Thursday, or if we want an extra night with all the mountain roads I've included, we can get there mid-day Friday.

Worse case we leave on the 16th and huff it all the way up and ride into FF late on friday.

·
more ideas than money
945 Posts
OK, I am on again off again on making it to fighter fest, there are a few things it is going to depend on... BUT when is the Houston Contingent heading out? I may be able to make it, or I may have to leave Early Thursday morning and ride straight through to FF.

·
murdaland fighter
316 Posts
yo i have a place in west virginia right off of 81 just south of hagerstown... bout an hour and a half or so from carlisle. 4 beds decent sized floor beer and a grill just an offer with the economy and all figured i would try and help out if possible lemme know if you guys would want to rash there for the night on your way up.... not the biggest place 2 bedroom 1 bath 1 set of bunk beds 1 nice fullsize a full size futon and two recliners (the red one is mine lol) i would be more than happy to host you guys not sure how many are coming or if the set up would work for the group but if it does lemme know

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
OK with the room prices and all I figure it will be better to leave on the 16th (Thursday) and arrive the 17th (Friday).

From my place in ATL the whole trip is 751 miles to the resort. I have split the trip into two days. Day 1 is 360 miles, but the whole start of it is through the mountains. Day 2 is 391 miles slabbing it, but 81 isn't nearly as boring as 95 is. I'm skipping Shenandoah on the ride up so that we can get to the resort a little sooner and less worn-out. Here is the map for the ride up.

The ride back down would be on the 20th (Monday) or we could leave on Sunday afternoon and get partway down to cut out some of the saddle time on Monday; which would get us back in ATL on the 21st (Tuesday) either way.

I made the ride back down more inclusive. We'd hit Shenandoah and ride through the smokies. Day 1 is 408 miles, and day 2 is 392 miles. I was able to ride all the way from Front Royal at the start of Shenandoah to Gatlinburg at the start of the Smoky Mountain Park in one day. It was hard to do it in one day, but breaking it up into two days should be a cake-walk. Here is the map for the ride down.

Let me know what you guys think of this plan, and if needed we can make adjustments. We need to work on meet-up points. Where exactly do you want to gather near ATL, and the folks meeting us along the way, where on the route do you want to meet us.

We have 3 weeks to get this all sorted out. So put on those thinking caps and lets get this finalized. :rock:

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
Wtf....Why couldn't you change the plan *before* reservations were already made for Thurs night.... :rolleyes: lol....

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Has anyone else made a reservation that includes Thursday night? If so we can move the schedule forward a day. I don't have a problem with that. I can easily enough call Days Inn and add Thursday night to my reservation.

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
Plus, (unless I mis-read something), everyone who said they were leaving on Thurs in this thread isn't riding, they're driving and planning on getting there Thurs night-which was our original arrival time.

·
Longtime rider
3,115 Posts
Ok I for one made plans because I was thinking we was leaving on the 15 As well as I was thinking we was leaving on the 20. I dont know, Maybe someone from last year can tell me. Will they let me change the days? to the 16 - 20? And as far as the 15 ZrO-1 I dont have anyone staying with me if you need a place to sleep the nite till your room is ready. Hell if we are staying till the 21 I may need a place to lay me dam head.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
Ok no problemo. I've had so many other things going on I couldn't remember the details.

So the route and stops stay the same, just one day earlier.
We leave the 15th, not the 16th.

Sorry for the confusion. Now where are we meeting to head up?

·
Konichiwa Bitches
17,772 Posts
:searching for blunt objects, or even small animals/children, to hurl in your general direction: :rolleyes: :D

I've been thinkin about that. We should pick somewhere easy for the out-of-towners to find (if there's still people coming in from Texas or parts unknown?), me thinks. Are there still others coming? Are they staying Tues night to leave Wed morning? That would be the smart idea...perhaps somewhere on the north side (like Gwinnett type, possibly, I dunno just throwin out ideas), the hotels may be a bit cheaper. I wish I could offer floor space, but unfortunately I can't.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
I'd think of a place but someone just hit me with a hamster and I'm feeling a little light headed.

I'll post up some suggestions later or tomorrow.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts