Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SpadednFaded's '92 CBR600F2 - Satan's Pony <<<<BUILD THREAD>>>>

As the story goes, my little 50cc scooter that I rode thru Hell and back (snowstorms and all) was jacked by a hoodrat back in May. During the process of searching for said hoodrat, and hoping to repo my scoot, I fell upon a nice lil deal of $900 for this 92 CBR600F2. Cheaper than buying a new scooter, I bought it. Busted fairings, ugly blue paint, white wheels, 28xxx miles.....I bought it. On the ride home it died, 2 miles from where I started. Cussing and spitting began, the thought of just setting it on fire in the middle of the street crossed my mind. Never once did I think that it could possibly be that it sat forever and the carbs were gunky ad it was damn near out of gas, no. I admit it wasnt my brightest day. So we load the bitch on the truck, took it home, and there it sat for 3 months. I hated the way it looked, decided I wasnt going to replace the plastic, and went on about figuring out what to do with the eyesore in the driveway. (cue insprirational music) I saw Knifemaker87's Agressor and realized I could actually make something awesome out of my newly aquired junkheap. And from the ashes of my botched first bike buying experience, Satan's Pony shall rise.

I started tearing it all down in August and then decided that the winter build off would be the perfect motivation to get this beast ready for spring. So as of today I had already started painting the engine, and everything else is in various piles and boxes.

New gaskets came in Friday, so I put the covers back on the engine

As for the new goodies that are going on and the price tags......
07/08 CBR600RR tail/subframe/exhaust- $300

09 CBR1000RR seat-$20
Renthal bars with Outlaw risers-$59.97/$29.95
round barend mirrors-$16.94
7 inch round headlight with integrated amber led signals-$46.98/mounts-$12.80
new grips-$4.40
AllBalls steering bearings and seals-$21.96
AllBalls fork and dust seals-$17.71

Picking up a 08 CBR600RR rearend from DrJellyFingers soon and still deciding on a speedo.

Grand total as of today including $900 for the bike - $1430.71. Gonna try to make the rear and speedo my last major purchases for this build. but just like the plan I had when I started, it's bound to change.

So lets get this fucking build off goin!:rock: If I even make it to the vote I'll consider it a victory

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: SpadednFaded's '92 CBR600F2 - Satan's Pony <<<<BUILD THREAD>>>>

Finally an update. Not much progress tho, and no pics right now.

Been doing a lot of cleaning and painting this week. Rear sets are now the same red as the motor. Rear master cylinder and header blacked out. Mostly just clean clean clean. Got the frame back to presentable from its previous grimey state. Did a little cutting (fairing tabs and front fairing stay bracket) and grinding. Removed the old steering bearings and races and got bottom yoke cleaned up to paint soon.

Planned on just replacing the fork seals but this build never goes according to plan. The first fork came apart in 3 pulls. The second one frustrated me for 4 days and is now at the Honda shop. When I get that one back they'll both be getting the new seals along with new bushings,washers, etc. As with most everything on the bike they seem to be unserviced since the 90's. The oil came out stanky black and the bushings are hella worn (binding on each other in the one fork).

Trying to decided whether to stick with the rr tail or turn this into a bobber. But I'll get to that when the time comes. Next up - swinger swap! Wish me luck

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: SpadednFaded's '92 CBR600F2 - Satan's Pony <<<<BUILD THREAD>>>>

Back at it! Been pulling 7 shifts a week at one job and 3 at the other so free time disappeared. Didn't sleep last night so I spent it planning and did some work this morning.

Cut the swinger down last week and freak out thinking I fucked it up. But it looks like I'm in the clear. Got the wheel centered up (maybe a mm or 2 off) and the chain run looks like a little offset will get it right. Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Fender Automotive wheel system picked up a 1/2"x12" pipe from lowes for $5 that I'll use as a sleeve to fit the swinger and run the stock pivot bolt which fits snugly inside it. Couple 9/16" washers for shims against the dust seals. Have to take about .1" off the sleeve to fit right and cut it to fit. Once I'm sure everything's right I'll shave off the old mounts and fully mount the swinger.

Got the fork issue handled, but keep forgetting to buy the shit to drive the seals. Gonna sort that out soon. Paint chipped on the covers so I'll have to either repaint em or just get em powdered.

When the sleep deprivation kicked in I threw the tank and radiator on with the seat to kinda just have it look like a bike again. Vehicle Motor vehicle Product Automotive tire Auto part

Decided to go with the bobber look so that subframe is comin off and gettin a custom round tube subby. LED strip in the back. Should have the front end ready next week and be roller ready. One of the brothers is making some spacers and drilling the upper at his work so I won't have to buy more tools that I'll only use once.

So there it is, if you thought this build was dead......it's back

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 3 of 3 Posts