14 Posts
Re: SpadednFaded's '92 CBR600F2 - Satan's Pony <<<<DISCUSSION THREAD>>>>

I'll be following this build with attention. DW! :party-smiley:

From a fellow with an older CBR.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

Lynchburg! Dude, I drove by you today. :D I'm about 30-40 minutes from you in Montvale. Which, in our area, equates to just about neighbors. Holler if ya need anything. I'll see if I can give ya a hand.

Good luck bud. Subbed!

·
...from hell
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Lynchburg! Dude, I drove by you today. :D I'm about 30-40 minutes from you in Montvale. Which, in our area, equates to just about neighbors. Holler if ya need anything. I'll see if I can give ya a hand.

Good luck bud. Subbed!
Dude, you're pretty much in my backyard. Thanks for the offer, I'm sure I'll need an extra set of hands at one point or another. Same goes for you, if you ever need a hand let me know. Know any aluminum welders around here? I may need one, my guy is getting flakey.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

Oh, if you don't mind making the trip to Salem, there's a buddy of mine there that is a fantastic aluminum welder. I can honestly say that you will not find anyone better. He's kinda crotchety, but he's super talented. Holler if you ever need his number.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Any ideas about what I can do to get rid of the chrome on my forks? It's just not gonna look good in the end

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
the top or bottom of the forks ? powder coat best way to go id say for the bottoms i found a local guy that does it out of his garage for dirt cheap i know that don't help you but try looking around. if youre talking about the top or the part that goes into thethe seals sorry i don't know my terminology so well on parts but there is a way of dipping them but its expensive as shit. i wanted to get my forks on my monster blacked out i think they said 500 for each fork or something like that

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

Smoker had a set done iirc. I think it's in his two stroke thread... good luck finding it. I think the process is called nitriding. This is if we are talking about the tubes, of course.

If you're talking about the sliders yeah, go for it. Just strip em down and go.

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts

The fork tubes? No. They're hard-chromed for a reason. It works. If you sand them, or the aren't perfectly smooth/polished your forks will piss oil constantly.

Think of a hydraulic cylinder on a backhoe/ tractor or your floor jack. It's the exact same thing. Don't sand them. Please.

If it's THAT annoying then build covers for them that you can paint.

I'm not a fan of chrome either. But I'm also not a fan of unnecessary stuff weighing down a bike. Function over form.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts