Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thought i'd go ahead an mention this to set things in motion, I've been swapping over a 98 2.2 cav motor to go into my buddies s10. his water pump went out and the engine overheated. I know the head gasket is shot because when i tried to turn it over water gushed out of the radiator, but beyond that idk. he found the other motor for six hundred at a junkyard, before i had a chance to get any further into it. Of course i didn't realize at the time what engine he had gotten ahold and now i'm stuck swapping it over for a little tattoo work, but thats really neither here nor there.

getting to the point (its been a long couple of weeks) i'm almost finished stripping the old one down and thought i'd offer it up to anyone wanting to take a look at it. i don't have the scratch to take it to the machine shop to get inspected, much less buy the parts to rebuild it so if your in the need of one ill let it go for whatever the scrapyard would give me for the metal. if your in the neighborhood of south mississippi that is. i'm not sure what the going shipping rates are for something that heavy these days, but i doubt sending it far would be worth the gamble. i'll get some pictures up this week of what it looks like on the inside. also got the throttle body, intake/exhaust manifolds, motor mounts, etc off the junkyard i can throw you for a few bucks. ill clean them up and make sure they're salvageable for ya before i send them.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts