Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Rex Kramer-Thrill Seeker
77 Posts
When electricity passes through an Iridium spark plug, hydrogen gas exfoliates from the tip creating a "bigger bang" if you will. There has been many YouTube videos of this effect. Also, with normal spark plugs, there is a resistor to keep the spark plug from interfering with FM/AM radio signals. But, with an Iridium spark plug, the resistor is replaced with a type of tone generator. I beleive the later vesion of the Iridium spark plugs has a generator that plays a Yanni song.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
Umm, wouldn't the more appropriate tune be, since we're talking bout spark plugs, firestarter? :D

I've heard that the iridium plugs should last a bit longer but have no evidence to prove it.

Didn't know keith is a biker.

·
Super Moderator
5,659 Posts
I suppose the alleged performance upgrade is mainly achieved by lessening the overall weight of the bike/rider combination. This normally is being achieved mainly in the wallet area.

Smoke and mirrors...

·
V four honda whore
12,426 Posts
iridium plugs doesnt like idling much. my friend had set on his sr20det s13, you could hear and feel when on idle and low rpm engine started to struggle. you gave it a decent kick down the throttle and it was okay again

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
iridium plugs doesnt like idling much. my friend had set on his sr20det s13, you could hear and feel when on idle and low rpm engine started to struggle. you gave it a decent kick down the throttle and it was okay again
I've told people the same thing and nobody believed me. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

·
V four honda whore
12,426 Posts
Not everyone believes me too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts