Discussion Starter #1
Hi all long time

Got bored sold off the swinger and clutch cover
exile wants the r6 seat unit for a blade project
pretty much cut off the back end and start again

i liked the idea of a drag arm and stuby seat unit
so gonna play and see how it comes out

so the score exile sold me the streched busa arm

got my mate scott to to weld up two outlets onto a new clutch cover this is in its unfinished state

defo has to painted black
blagged a complete busa rear wheel on egay with 1200 on it
picked up a offset sprocket from debden engineering
im going to use the gixxer shock as it was reworked with tech 2000 internals and has a harder spring
so currently got a reducer made for the swingarm pivot when we fitted it all together relised the top shock mount had to be ground off

and a new ones being made to ensure the shock clears the arm

got a set of dogones and hacked them to see what the rideheight is like from that scott is making me up a set of adjustables so we can get the ride height down a bit
other issues cant fit the battery were it used to be so mocked up a battery box at the rear of the bike and going to use the space left by the battery to properly mount the nos kit
picked up a r6 carbon seat unit for nothing of douggy brand new modded to fit (still love these units) nice big hump on the rear ideal for hiding the battery

met a guy called slav who has painted the rear unit matt black came out well so hes in the process of doing all the rest of my bodywork mattblack and the tank will have the skull of my site airbrushed into the tank no stipes just matt black

so lots of work to do but hey unlike last year no rush picked this up for a song with 6k on the clock and using as my hack
maybee a poss future project lol

last couple of weeks things are moving on
scott fabricated up the top shock mount worked a treat shock now clears the arm and the adjustable dog bones he made for me let me drop the bike down not that you would notice it much with the seat unit on

wheel alignment was great fun not had to cut back the frame spacer on the swingarm pivot to move the arm nearerer to the chain run now pretty much lined up still got to make sure of chain alignment and gone of the idea of an offset sprocket as it looks like im going to have to cut a chunk out of the frame so goin to space out the sprocket instead

nos bottle fits snugly in between the arm and the wheel and still in two minds about were im going to put the solonoids the fuel pump ig getting a billet bracket made and is going were the battery used to be

sorted out the clutch cover welding wasent up to much a lttle bit to industrial for my liking however came out good in the end thanks to slav

sorted out the wiring new ignition mounted under the carbs all the painwork should be back in about a week still loads to do

some more stuff

modded yoshi rearsets

the fix for the brake lever dident work had to mod up both clutch and brake leavers and shorten the push rods
looks like im going to have to go for banjo bolt type switch and loose the front brake microswitch

more as and when

·
I shit awesomeness
16,625 Posts
Re: my new arse

looks amazing!

Reactions: shotgun and ROBBO

·
ShamanFighter
22,340 Posts

sweet bike broseph...siiiiiiiiiiiiick!!!!

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts

...wow...

·
609 Posts

thanks ed dident think of that any paticular slingy

Mine was the 11m, you,ll need to have reducton spacers done as the busa spindles much smaller than the slingy, so that,ll be cush drive to swingarm (top hat it for the swinger side) the cush drive to busa bearing crush tube, pretty straight forward
What size chain you using as it takes it pretty damn close if your using a 200 section tyre, i was using a 530 HD and was lucky if i could run a knats pube between tyre and chain

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Nother go round for the Gix. Looks sweet bud.

So, I'm guessing a lot of the polished parts are going black this time? Looking good Spartz. Keep us updated.
yea you got it im to lazy to clean it you end up spending to much time cleaning and not enough time riding and last year i hardly rode the fighter as i was playing with the gixxer
and when it was time to go to a show the cdi gave up the clutch slave unit seal went and i said fuck it hense rip it apart no rush
its only been the last month that i got the urge to do something about it now i cant leave it alone:D:D:D

·
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Mine was the 11m, you,ll need to have reducton spacers done as the busa spindles much smaller than the slingy, so that,ll be cush drive to swingarm (top hat it for the swinger side) the cush drive to busa bearing crush tube, pretty straight forward
What size chain you using as it takes it pretty damn close if your using a 200 section tyre, i was using a 530 HD and was lucky if i could run a knats pube between tyre and chain
running a 530 chain and 190 rear
all the info i got was you have to run a offset sprocket which put the chain on the frame
very little info on fitting one of these on a gsxr1100m frame to many i thinks and not enough i knows
im going to go the way of spacing the sprocket if its a problem il go the way you sugested
so might have to tap into your knowledge to get it right
thanks for the imput

·
609 Posts

I looked at that and no way was i going to notch my frame just to damn risky and frankly a bodge, i was told a busa wheel would never run ................. took me 2 hours to work it out that it would with very little fuss and no bodging involved

·
232 Posts

Hey Alan!

Back in Glasgow just over a month now..and it's haunting my asse already!!

We need to meet up at some point in the summer - organize an excuse to bugger off someplace on our bikes for a few days and you can count me in.. (come up to Glasgow and i'll show you some of our grippy wee scenic routes! - plenty of space at my place to crash etc)

The busa's off to Holeshot to get new headers, the turbo repositioned and industrial strength injectors fitted.. Should equate to around 300 big boys at the rear hoopla..reliable hp i might add,,(!) So i'll be ready to burn some summertime rubber baby!!

The bike is looking pretty god darned handsome there Al - be good to see it out on the streets this year..

Love to the family etc

Call me you cunt!

Doug

·
Whisky-War-Suicide-Guns
388 Posts

Looking good! Nice toy, you've got there too!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts