Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
qwertyuio
300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats everyone using for aftermarket speedometers?

Anyone running one of these ebay knock offs of the koso gauges, how are they? Back lights on my bikes gauges burnt out so im not looking to dump to much cash into a new set.. is is possible to replace the lights on the oem 2001 r1 speedometers

·
Isn't as dumb as he seems
549 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had one of those koso gauges and killed it in light rain riding from birmingham to london (uk). The guy sent out another one straight away as 'they're not supposed to do that' and no problems from then on. Cost me 100GBP. TBH you can get cheaper but for range of functions it's a good price. Easy to setup if you have some common sense and can do maths (for wheel + tyre circumference). Accurate, simple to use with gloves, loads of comments from people especially at night, etc etc. The speed sensor can be a bit fragile.

I'm new btw. Hi

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Back lights on my bikes gauges burnt out so im not looking to dump to much cash into a new set.. is is possible to replace the lights on the oem 2001 r1 speedometers
Take the screws out the back and see. Worst that happens is you ruin it and have to buy one of those ebay knock offs of the koso gauges, right?

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
I run a trail tech vapor stealth. You can see it's relative size on my tripple in my build thread below.

It does come with a bar clamp and shit, but I had to make my own mount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts