Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Here´s a look at my project bike, a Yamaha FZ750 1985. Bought it in september 2005 and started working on it immediately! Made some mods during winter 05-06, got a complete front end from a Yamaha FZR1000 -88 with the 3,5*17" front wheel and a Suzuki 4,5*17" rear wheel! Much easier to get some decent rubbers when you have 17" wheels!

Here it is the day i got it!

2006: Still pretty stock looking, just the forks, wheels and brakes upgrade. And a new headlight/fairing from a Yamaha XT660. And i know, it´s mounted way too high...

So i rode it all summer 2006 and with the new rubbers and suspension (got a new rear shock too) the handling got so much better!

Well, along came winter 06-07 and here´s where it kinda got out of hand.:nuts::)
Tore it down completly and got the frame ,wheels and some other stuff powdercoated in black satin. It was so nice to put it back together!

Also built a new rear subframe to fit the Honda 600RR tail. And the seat came from a Yamaha R1. I worked at a local Yamaha/Honda dealer at the time so i got most of the stuff for free (used parts, mostly from crashed bikes)!

And this is how it turned out. The headlight and brackets that came off a Yamaha MT-03 was one of the few bits i bought new!

Rode it around like that in the summer of 2007 and then i got some new ideas and also found a rear swingarm and wheel from a FZR1000 -89. With it´s 5,5*17" wheel i could go from 160 to 180-190 rear tire!:rock:

When i started the project i had bought a race tailpiece from a Suzuki GSXR600 04-05 but didn´t use it since i got the 600RR tail instead. So i welded up a new subframe and it fits rather nice i think.

And this is where i´m at right now, struggling to get it done this spring. Would be nice to actually ride it this summer (didn´t ride it at all 2008:()!

/Magnus

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some more pics. Tripletree and headlight brackets that i´m working on. Some machining left and then anodizing!

Better get to it! Going to see Judas Priest, Megadeth and Testament live tonight (and some drinking after) so i don´t expect to get anything done tomorrow...:drunk:

·
VTR fighter
1,391 Posts
cool progress man, nice lookin bike, is that a turbo that you forgot to mension?? lol

·
GixxaBandit12
328 Posts
Wow Man, That looks Sweeet! Real clean, Are you happy with the light, output, and pattern? would like to get one myself.

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you all!

cool progress man, nice lookin bike, is that a turbo that you forgot to mension?? lol
What turbo?!:glassesf:
Thats a sideproject, don´t expect to finish it this summer. But you never know...

Wow Man, That looks Sweeet! Real clean, Are you happy with the light, output, and pattern? would like to get one myself.
Hell yeah, it´s great and a real bargain too (at least here in Sweden)!

its looking good man. i like both of those tails on there. the gsxr unit does fit nicely. are you just going to paint the tail orange to match the front? or is the whole thing getting a repaint?
It´s getting a repaint. I´ve already painted the front fender, i´ll post a pic!

·
Commander Cool
9,707 Posts
haha its his name dorkus

fucking love that fizzy, first time i searched 'fzr streetfighter' the orange one is what came up first! freakin awesome. loving the new tail, and i hope you're bolting the turbo litre engine in at some point in the near future...

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hum very nice,turbo powaaaaaaaaaaaaa
but where is the spondon:ninja:
It´s just a nick but there´s more to it. I actually had a Spondon about 10-11 years ago. Bought a chassie that used to run a Yamaha XTZ660 single, put Suzuki RGV250 forks and wheels/brakes on it and got a Suzuki DR750 engine to fit (only just, that was one tall engine). Never got around to finish it, to much trouble getting it street legal...:(

Pic:

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
never seen a plenum chamber like that before....
Looking good!
Thanks!

Just trying to get the best flow in there, and the theory is that the volume of the plenum chamber should be at least 1,5 times the engines displacement.
I think it came out pretty nice, got stacks inside and all! A bit of welding left and then powdercoating!

·
78 Posts
It´s just a nick but there´s more to it. I actually had a Spondon about 10-11 years ago. Bought a chassie that used to run a Yamaha XTZ660 single, put Suzuki RGV250 forks and wheels/brakes on it and got a Suzuki DR750 engine to fit (only just, that was one tall engine). Never got around to finish it, to much trouble getting it street legal...:(

Pic:

slurppppppppppppp
i like it,rhaaaaaaaaaaa a spondon with a gsxr 1100 air oil,my dream!!!
the street legal is a problem actually in france with and president and stupid laws.

·
Lethargic
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Damn, took some time to find this thread! Guess i should update the build more often...:)

Still some work left on the risers and tripletree. I was thinking about a new paintscheme, but i´ll keep it orange this summer. Easier to just spray the tail and be done with it! Would like to ride it too...

Here´s a few pics of what i´ve been up to.

·
Go hard or go home
4,795 Posts
This project is AWESOME. Best lookin FZ I've ever seen. You'll definitely have to post this in the before/after thread once you're done. This is such a crazy transformation.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts