Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here we go

this monday on january 13th i picked up 1992 suzuki GSX600F(katana stateside) for a sweet deal. originally it was offered to a good friend of mine for 400euros and could pay in several payments. unfortunately, or even better for me. His nissan s13, decided to show his age and decided that chassis has it's time to rest. so he have to look for a replacement shell or total rebuild of the one he has, that means lots of cash.
so i'm telling my darling love (who didnt let me change my mind on finally buying a bike-Amelia thread) suggested that we should buy it for ourselves. when i asked her:"what for?" she replied:"we could use it or fix and sell" also i liked the ohrase "if you wont buy it, i will" and "can you fix it? THEN GET IT"
so here we are, i bought bike together with my girl(still havent paid :D)

plans are, to fix it until spring comes. well atleast one bike :) for that i will need
  • weld subframe
  • fix wiring and do lights
  • get those clipons back on and install fatbar on honda
  • do something with exhaust
  • make it more appealing(tank gap needs to go)
  • figure out what to do with tail
  • gauges gauges gauges

still have no idea what for i needed to do it, also all my rides has name. this one dont.
probably it will be my track bitch with whom i will learn racing bikes, so possibly a fairing for it, a custom one. STOCK=UGLY AND GHAY(no offence, everyone has it's own taste)

previous owner crashed at 120kph and decided to do fighter. the shop he took it to was lazy and expencive, so it was offered to us

and possible idea of tail

as for colours i think i will go for bmw marakesh brown(tank and tail) and bright green wheels

any tip and advice welcomed

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
what was the carbon tail in the pic????????

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, it is 3d carbon vinyl. Looks ugly. And i dont like that tail. Well not on this frame. Gonna fabricate a custom one, after i get subframe rewelded back on and mod it the way i want (chop it few inches shorter and lower square subframe profile must be in higher angle)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spent today to make workbench and shelves with my girls brother. It's freezing there. Also took off fatbar to install it on vfr. Original clipons are bent. So i would like to know diameter for them. Anyone has answer?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
throw a pic of the tail up looked prety cool!!!!!!!!

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Especially for you. I doubt i will use it on this bike. It's too high. Besides subframe needs a lot of rebuilding. And we cant do that to pass tech inspection

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
whats it of off it looks realy cool even got the cut out for an under seat exaust looks like it cold be zx6?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
looks a bit home made but i like it a lot!!!!!!11

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Yeah cos you're in Latvia and fuck knows how you would post it to the UK but I bet it would cost a bit that's a real shame would have looked right at home on my cbr!!

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Send me a PM, i thought you're from stateside.

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The garage doors werent very windproof, and if place would receive heating, it would go away, as i noticed on sunday. So i kinda borrowed from work a help. Thank you job :)

had like 30minutes free, so started to tear bike apart. Wires are a mess out there.
so if I gotthis right, i need to take carbs off. Remove chain,exhaust and engine just drops on floor(how many bolts has it)

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Stubborn exhaust bolts. Three of them decided to ruin their heads. So looks like i have to drill them. Remove engine and then fight them out(welding and stuff) so yea,engine is still in. and it was really really cold in there, i mean really

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
you need heat man!!!!!!!!!
Do you have electric at your garage????

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have oil radiator, witch is crap. I got electric blower yesterday, think it will help

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally drilled those three bolts off. Found leakage and got stuck with chain sprocket. Two options, remove chain(need to borrow tool) or torch that fukker and try to get it loose. Gonna try to get chain off

scientists still argue where im comming from

·
V four honda whore
12,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Some more pics

scientists still argue where im comming from

1 - 20 of 103 Posts