Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 627 Posts

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So here's my new bike as of 10/21/2010. It's a 1999 Buell M2 Cyclone with about 15,000 miles on it. I paid $2000 for it. It came with a clean title and all of its paperwork, including receipts and documentation of everything that's ever been done to it. All mods, repairs and maintenance were professionally done. From what I can tell, I'm owner #3. The only mods that have been done to it so far are a Mikuni HSR42 carb, Forcewinder intake, and D&D racing muffler (which makes it sound like you're opening the gates to hell when you rev it!). It is otherwise completely stock, right down to the lollipop mirrors that like to unscrew while you're riding it. ;) It also came with the stock HSR40 carb, and that's going to go on my Blast once I rebuild it. The bike has been well taken care of, and hasn't been dropped or crashed.

Mechanically, the bike is nearly perfect. The only thing that needs to be fixed on it right now is a leaking fork seal on the compression side (right). Obviously, both seals will be replaced. Cosmetically, the bike is in good shape, however some of the fasteners and the aluminum are oxidized or rusty. The bike was pretty dirty too. It was covered with road grime, insect droppings, dust, dirt, sand and pollen. The previous owner lives on a gravel road in the woods, so that explains that. It got a thorough Phoebe-level cleaning today (see above). You can see some of the cosmetic issues below. These were taken before I washed it:

Rusty collector and some of the paint is coming off of the muffler.

All of the aluminum is oxidized and many of the fasteners are either oxidized or rusty. Not a big deal, and like I said, this is just cosmetic. These pieces of hardware will either be cleaned up and painted, or replaced when possible.

Anyway, the bike is obviously named Spooky, and I was inspired to name it that because of its orange and black paint scheme and of course the fact that I bought it near Halloween ;) The theme of the bike is to keep it orange and black, and basically anything that is silver or bare aluminum will be painted black. I want to get some carbon bits for it to replace some of the black plastic pieces, and probably a little chrome here and there on the motor to make it stand out. It's going to get tidied up, prettified, modded lightly and upgraded when possible. I want it to be clean and minimalistic, much like my Blast. My goal is to keep this bike on the road as much as possible, since it will be my daily rider.

Please keep in mind that this is a long term project. I plan on hanging onto this bike indefinitely, so I will be working on it when time and money allow, and I'm in no rush.

That's about it for now!

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds exciting I am looking forward to seeing it, none of the vids are working.
The stupid tags from flickr were incorrect. I just fixed them.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SWEET, it's found a good home!
Indeed it has. The previous owner said to me "I'm so glad you're not going to pull the motor out of it and put it in a chopper frame!" I told him I would never do such a thing, and it's definitely going to a good home. She will be very well taken care of. You all know how I roll ;)

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sweet bike Phoebe, I think it fits you.
I think so too :) I've admired the big Buells for a long time, especially the tubers. I never thought the prices on these would drop to the point where I could pay for a really nice one in cash, though!

And the bike physically fits me well. The seat's a little bit tall, but otherwise it's very comfy. I can still get a foot down at a stoplight and it's easy to balance. It doesn't weigh much more than my Blast, so I have no problems moving it around.

·
The Black Arm-y
2,477 Posts
I think so too :) I've admired the big Buells for a long time, especially the tubers. I never thought the prices on these would drop to the point where I could pay for a really nice one in cash, though!

And the bike physically fits me well. The seat's a little bit tall, but otherwise it's very comfy. I can still get a foot down at a stoplight and it's easy to balance. It doesn't weigh much more than my Blast, so I have no problems moving it around.
So cool, and it's got, Mo' Powa!

It is a clean bike, if it was mine I would want a tail swap and USD's, a little TLC and some rattle canning and it would be even nicer.

But it's like my Z it will be fun and sexy riding it just the way it is until money is less an issue, haha. Got to love platforms that look good before work is done they can only get better.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So cool, and it's got, Mo' Powa!
Omg dude, it has so much power that I will probably never get to explore just how much power it actually has. Stock, it had more power than I could need and with the upgrades it's probably producing around 100 hp and 80-90 ft-lbs of torque. I weigh about 125 lbs. It flies with me on it! Needless to say, it needs no more power-producing upgrades.

It is a clean bike, if it was mine I would want a tail swap and USD's, a little TLC and some rattle canning and it would be even nicer.
Yup, you basically said what I want to do with it. I already have another tail lined up for it, and I'm on the lookout for a pair of usds for it.

But it's like my Z it will be fun and sexy riding it just the way it is until money is less an issue, haha. Got to love platforms that look good before work is done they can only get better.
Yeah it's great that it's already started off at about 80% of where I want it to be. I don't want to hack this bike.

·
Swamp Witch
6,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
try and get a pic with you on it.
You know I would love to. I guess I'll try to set up my tripod and see if I can get a pic of me on it or have someone take a pic of me on it the next time I have someone over.

·
Premium Member
15,065 Posts
Can I have the stock tail when you get the other one from CK.

1 - 20 of 627 Posts