Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm tired of scratchy tankbags and having a bookbag on all the time. What are you guys using?
I've seen a few things on Cyclegear and Motorcycle Super Store,but nothing that made me spend money. What have you used and liked? What have you used and hated?

Oh,and I'm basically just looking for some saddlebags but I'm open to any suggestions.

·
I am a motherfucker
1,867 Posts
I bought a Givi top case off Tyler33... more of a backrest for the Mrs... turns out, I use it all of the time... excellent product.

I also have a set of soft luggage... saddlebags and topbag... Cortech I think... They're good for using every now and again... I got them for a x-country trip and they worked out well. Only thing is the waterproof covers kinda sucked... they tear easily...

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Ammo cans and pelican cases work too

·
Is my bike ok?
15,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What are pelican cases?

I looked at some Cortech 2.0 expandable saddlebags just now. Looked nice, but they aren't cheap. Matching tail bag will snap right on later. Pretty cool.

OSP, thanks for the heads up on the Cortech stuff. Just what I had in mind, just a bit pricier than I had imagined.
Sent from my SCH-R720 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
I think im lost
573 Posts
shiny if you look at the pics I took last weekend
Those are the 2.0 bags on my cbr
There smaller then what I thought they would be
But the mounting is very flexable
And they come on and of really easy

P.s. haven't tried on the water proof covers yet

·
Administrator
5,256 Posts
What are pelican cases?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pelican+cases

Loads of folks modify them to fit existing or home made racks, super tough and waterproof.

I loved my givi cases on my old CBR600, worth every penny and really retain value, i think i got what i paid for them 3 years later!

I use throw-overs now but i recommend some sort of frame. I made / modified a rack sold as for a yam ten 660 to keep them off the paintwork:

Only fixed by 2 bolts at the exhaust mounts so quick to dismount. (the rear is bolted together and rests on the subframe). I'm glad a did it, the bags seem much more stable, i feel better putting heavier loads in there and it's one less thing to worry / distract you when you are riding.

·
RyansToys
27 Posts
if you buy a proper kit, they have "curtains".. not sure what to call it, flaps that open with the case on the side.

I don't open my cases while they are on the bike. I just use a hook on the bottom and two bolts through the frame with Clevis pins on the inside. Takes about 30 seconds to take the box off or put it back on.

Used some stainless bolts with half thread. cut the head off the bolt, filed it smooth in the drill press. Then used nuts to fix the shafts to the boxes. Drill the shaft and you now have the holes for the pins. Simple, not pretty, but dependable and cheap.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts