Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm building a street fighter exclusively from parts bought on Ebay.

First, there was a frame.

But what good is a frame without a swing arm?

Well, I'm not building some bullshit hipster fixie, so maybe I should put an engine in there somewheres...

Yup, it just happens to fit. Oh hey, and hello GSXR600 front end.

Add some wheels and we have what I believe to be the first fork swapped ST1300...

And as it sits right now. The plan was a 6th gen VFR800 tail for some two up action along with that sexy undertail exhaust, but I'm kinda sorta really digging how the RC51 tail compliments the tank. From every angle, the lines match up. It just works.

Still not sure what I'm going to do with the exhaust. Thinking about doing an underbelly box like the stuff from Quat-D. Headlight will be from an MT-01 or a VRod. Or maybe even a MadAss. Hell, I dunno.

Fun facts: Stock ST1300's make 125 HP and 90 TQ at the crank, weigh 730 lbs. wet, and run the 1/4 in 11.3 @ 119. According to several dyno charts of stock bikes, they put down ~70 lb ft at the wheel... at 2500 RPM. I'm expecting mine to be around 475 lbs. wet. Should be a fun bike.

·
i cant fart
10,917 Posts
St1300 are bad ass bikes. Only ever ridden one and for a short ride but loved every minute of it.

Welcome to cf. I wanna see it finished

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Pinstriper4fun
763 Posts
that looks sweet so far.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Damn homie looks like you've got a beast in supermodel body. I can not wait to see this finished nice work

·
Premium Member
20,726 Posts
Welcome to CF Descolada! You've impressed the b-jeebers outta me! ;) Niiiiiice work & can't wait to see your beauty finished! :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks, guys. I had a couple friends over tonight for brews and wrenches, and the consensus is that the RC51 tail is the money, so I guess I'm going with that.

Here's an underbelly exhaust I built for a friends 929 a while back. I kept the tuned length and cross sectional area identical to stock so it didn't lose any power. He said it was bit more nippy up top, too. Anyway... just an example of what I have in mind for the ST1300.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts