Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
I have never understood spring rates or length in all there significances. Anybody feel like explaining? :LolLolLolLol:

·
Build It Ride It Live It
10,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LBS per Inch. Basicly it takes so many pounds of force to move a coils spring 1 inch.

For example. 600lbs/in. It takes 600lbs to move the spring 1 inch in travel.

So as your traveling down the road the weight of the bike and you and the force applied by a bump in the road is held by that spring. So there needs to be a force that will ubsorbe that force and weight without letting the bike compress so far that it bottoms out. There's some math involved, but that's the basic idea.

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
So each setup is unique in that it has it own optimum setup based on the suspension/rider/bike. The idea is not to bottom out but not give too much cushion that it rides like crap correct?

·
student
1,347 Posts
Im looking to put an f4 shock and spring on my f2, is it interchangeable? how would i be able to tell?

·
triggershy has-been
20 Posts
so if i buy the correct springs in the chart can i install them into my 02 gsxr1k? do i need any special tools to do that?
what about the valves? is there a chart for that too? i wonder how close that is to stock?

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Does anybody know where I can get a good set of springs? I put an 04 636 suspension on my Z1000. I need to adjust for the fact that they are on a bigger bike and I am a fat ass. Anyone help me out?

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Are all ******** as funny as you?

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
Do you know anything about springs ruff?

·
Respect can't be bought.
4,181 Posts
jump on the comet chat would you

1 - 20 of 21 Posts