Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've been looking around for new suspension back and front.. thinking of keeping it gsxr though.. just had a question..

im looking at k6-7 750 forks, mostly becuase they come with 1kg springs stock = no messing about, and was thinking I might as well just get a matching rear shock as they're all the same price, so pursuing through racetech everything has different spring rates.. now I'm wondering should I grab the right spring rate for the donor bike/shock, or the right spring rate for my bike regardless of shock.

im leaning towards my bikes proper rates.. but I have been wrong before.

·
lɐʇuǝɯᴉɹǝdx&#4
3,516 Posts
Your bike's rate is the one you want. The ideal spring rate you need depends heavily on the leverage ratio aplied to the shock, so unless those are the same the rates will be different. This also applies for damping - if you have more leverage, you'll need stronger damping. Since you are looking at racetech, I assume damping is adjustable, but if its really different you may need a new valve stack.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah that's what i was thinking.. luckily the new stuff is sprung stiffer so I'm thinking I can get away with just a spring change with no valving.

·
Premium Member
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
stock srad is 6.5kg
stock k7 is 9.5kg

and I need 11kg cuz im a fat fuck lol..

so yeah should be decent..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts