Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share your tips !

I have to make spacers to ensure the wheels are in line and possibly more importantly also that the sprockets and chain line up.

Have tried doing it with string round the front sprocket to the back sprocket but seem to get wildly differing results and with the bike being on race stand the priller swing arm and suspension/back wheel drop makes very hard to line direct from one sprocket to the other.

and with the wheels / tyres - i reckon if i do the sprocket alignment first and hope the wheels are in line ?

it's a 96 blade with rsv1000 swinger, some frame mounting area ground off to fit

Thanks in advance

Andy

·
sickboy
3,544 Posts
I personally either just use a long straight edge and line up the front and rear sprockets or eye ball it. If you just eye ball it with the chain and then spin the wheel you will be able to tell if its off by the way the chain tracks.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
you can measure from center of swingarm pivot to center of axle on both sides. take your time with it the first time and once you get it perfect put a little wrench between the sprocket and chain and roll it back so it tightens the chain and pulls the wheel forward a bit. tighten the axle down and let the wrench out. re measure everything and make sure it still good. then measure from the lip of the wheel to the swingarm and from then on out you can just use that measurement. get the chain to the proper tension and then adjust it until the wheel lip is that same distance from the swingarm.

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ensure the alignment marks on the new swingarm are straight, then rest a small laser pointer on top of the chain rollers on top of the rear sprocket. Note where the dot appears on the case just above the front sprocket (put it in gear and roll the wheel back a little to straighten out the chain). The offset between the dot and the center of the roller is how thick you'd need a spacer to be.

Yes, if you are running the stock blade wheels, then if the sprockets are aligned the rear wheel will be also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts