Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how hard would it be to find a larger rear sprocket for this bike?

and as for things like a 12bar and a cage nothing pops out and hits me in the head as how (or where) mod for the 12bar and cage
http://www.powersportsmax.com/product_info.php/cPath/33_47/products_id/295


if somone could photo shoppe a pic for me of what it would look like with a cage and 12bar it would really appriciate it (i just don't know how to use photo shoppe and again my creativity sucks tonight)


:knucks:

and here is a link to a better pic
http://www.hotscooterdeals.com/mall/200cc_rocketa_dirtbike04.jpg
 

·
the mad doctor
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
alot of times those knock off bikes use honda based parts. alot of the 200cc one's i've seen are basically cheap versions of old xr/xl200's. you might be able to find sprockets for one of them to work on that bike.

if you're going to stunt it though, i'd save your money and buy a used honda. the quality of most knock off's is horrible, and they don't hold up to abuse well.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skr00zloose said:
alot of times those knock off bikes use honda based parts. alot of the 200cc one's i've seen are basically cheap versions of old xr/xl200's. you might be able to find sprockets for one of them to work on that bike.

if you're going to stunt it though, i'd save your money and buy a used honda. the quality of most knock off's is horrible, and they don't hold up to abuse well.
yeah but i know a guy that imports and sells them and he got me a good deal (like a $600 good deal)

i think it uses the same hubs as the crf 150 (but do they make stunt sprockets for the crf150 or the xr200 like you said it looks like)
 

·
the mad doctor
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
do what i did on the chopper. buy a sprocket "blank" (no mounting holes) and take it to a machinist, and tell him to make it bolt to whatever hub you have. my machinist did mine for a 6 pack. the blank sprocket cost me $6.
 

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
Joined
·
17,432 Posts
I've never seen a blank sprocket, that's cool. Are they just solid pieces with teeth or do they have lightening holes cut out of them already?
 

·
the mad doctor
Joined
·
3,399 Posts
solid disk, mine just had a 3/4" hole in the center. you can get them from industrial supply places. they don't come in 530/520, etc. they come in #40/#50, etc. a #50 is the same width/pitch as a 530. for a small dirtbike you'd probably need a #30 or something, not exactly sure though.

saved me a TON of money. a custom rear sprocket (can't get a 34t rear sprocket for a harley hub) is about $70, and an offset front sprocket is $150(!!). i got the rear done for $6, and built the front sprocket myself for $15. can't argue with that!

go ahead, ask me how i made a 3/4" offset sprocket for $15, lmao. i know you want to.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
madmaxx650 said:
yeah but i know a guy that imports and sells them and he got me a good deal (like a $600 good deal)

i think it uses the same hubs as the crf 150 (but do they make stunt sprockets for the crf150 or the xr200 like you said it looks like)
A huge sproket is not needed rookie! And crash cages for dirtties doesnt exist! to stunt a small dirtie you need a clutch, a rear brake, a little skill, a lot of time also a friend with a video camera is a big help because when you think it is going to flip you arte just 2 feet in the air!! and if all else fails fully gear up after drinking some courage juice "like beer or wine coolersor whatever you parents have laying around" and loop so you know how far to go! Also befor you super moto the dirtie use the dirt tires in nice soft grass learn to wheelie!

It is possible to stunt the little bike in stock trim. Just to prove it to my self my buddy bought a ttr125 foir his wife to learn to ride on and we were killing it earlier today!
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Big Pete said:
A huge sproket is not needed rookie! And crash cages for dirtties doesnt exist! to stunt a small dirtie you need a clutch, a rear brake, a little skill, a lot of time also a friend with a video camera is a big help because when you think it is going to flip you arte just 2 feet in the air!! and if all else fails fully gear up after drinking some courage juice "like beer or wine coolersor whatever you parents have laying around" and loop so you know how far to go! Also befor you super moto the dirtie use the dirt tires in nice soft grass learn to wheelie!

It is possible to stunt the little bike in stock trim. Just to prove it to my self my buddy bought a ttr125 foir his wife to learn to ride on and we were killing it earlier today!
i know how to wheelie and all (i have ridden dirt bikes for 12years and i currently ride a sv650 fighter (i started riding dirt bikes at 6))
the only reason i as asking about sprockets is because i wanna seriously learn to stunt "ie circles, 12's, high speed stoppies (have done normal slow but never rode one for a distance) and other things like high chairs ect. ect.

and i have looped a bike before (more than once:D)



thanks for the info about the sprockets, i know there is no such thing as a cage for a dirt bike but with having to order parts from china i am going to try not to break to much stuff\



by the way the bike is 2 days late and i am getting pist off:mad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
211 Posts
for the cage take a small steel pipe weld it to the frame where it will not inter feer with your feet and mount a set of frame sliders on a threaded rod which fits through the pipe.
 

·
Senior Member
Joined
·
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Big Pete said:
for the cage take a small steel pipe weld it to the frame where it will not inter feer with your feet and mount a set of frame sliders on a threaded rod which fits through the pipe.
now thats the kind of good idea i have been waiting for

+1
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top