Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I'm swaping out my forks for a set of USDs from gixxer. and as you may know USDs are generally shorter than the ones that that are originally on older bikes. in my case, they are about 3 inches shorter. so I can either just drop my front end and deal with some crazy ground clearance issues and probably really squirly steering/handling, OR I can make a set of exstensions that make the front end MUCH closer to stock height. although I plan on dropping the front end about an inch from stock anyways.

what do you guys think?
obviously I plan on fitting a steering dampner as well

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
THe handling will be squirlyer for sure, but thats something you can usually get used to. I dunno about 3" shorter though, lowering the whole bike to match wouldn't be too difficult, or mess things up too much I would think.

Better get that thing together quick man, it'll be in the 60's tomrrow!!

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
This is getting way off topic but this site needs to start a national - ok, "this side of the pond" - official "Ride Your Fighter Every-freekin-where Day" to celebrate the coming of spring.

(sorry for being absolutly no help Flint:( )

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
I put my clip ons, ontop of the tripple on my 750 = about an inch and a 1/2 lowered front. I love the way it handles !! Steers quick. I'm getting used to it quick too riding yesterday and today and adjusting everything on the bike. :D :D

·
British Bloke in Canada
2,146 Posts
what kind of bike is it,
allso if use a stepped top tripple tree( CBR 929) you can gain some fork length

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ok, so I've decided what I'm gonna do with it, and it is gonna be TRICK!!!!!!!! its forced me to think outside the box.....WAY outside the box. lol.

think entirely boltless tripples.

I'm gonna be dropping the font end about 1 inch total.

but all this has to wait until sombody gets me the fork tube spacing from a gixxer 750

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
2002 GSXR 750

CANDYMAN, I'll be at your house tomorrow morning at 8. I don't mind riding the ninja

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Hehe, bike won't be there at 8. If you wanna see it swing by the Dunkin Donuts on 22 I'll have it parked by the road to make the cagers drool:ninja:

·
fighter transplant in NC
14,319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
haha, ok. if this weather keeps up we'll be heading to the local bike nights sooner than I thought.

·
Perpetual Project
3,695 Posts
Not likely to hold unfortunatly. A high of 28 this weekend... what the heck??? Even though march is my b-day month, I hate it. It never even gets good pics on a callender:jpshakehead.sml:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts