Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m tired and just mentally exhausted after this messed up week and thought i was finally gonna finish a few lil things and be able to ride today....but no

bike started last month for a second before i think it ran dry, there was practically no fuel in the tank for awhile. I just put 2 gallons in so i could move it up the driveway to the shop and do the brakes but now it doesn`t start.

even gave it a shot of starting fluid.."reluctantly" but still no go.

i`ve already missed what was supposed to be a great ride today with a few people who came a long ways to meet up with me. Someone help

video included

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefmHWJoSsg

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And the answer is!!!!!
drum roll plz?.
You have to have the gauges plugged in for it to start.

now that i have it started i`ve relised my bike is insanely ghetto. I have to hit the tank :like the fonze would hit a juke box on that show happy days" just to make the pump prime. If i don`t give the tank a good punch before turning the key it simply wil not prime. Another thing is i have to "smack/prime" about 2 or 3 times in a row before ill actually start. Once it has started it will continue to run UNTIL i touch the throttle, then it immediately dies and i have to repeat the process. I also have the choke cranked and it just wont idle over 1...maybe 1.5k?

its been running for about 15 minutes now imma let it keep chuggin away and see if the rpms finally rise or something.

·
Hot Sauce
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it`s looking that way, problem is i`ve hit the bottom of my wallet, the vacation a recently took has left me with pretty much no funds for a fuel pump right now and the ones i have found aren`t exactly priced in my budget.

·
Bitches love Fighters
5,325 Posts
is it a 98/99 750?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts