Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone see this article in the Feb. SSB??

pt. 1- dirtybike bars, tail swap, and radiator relocating (vtr)

·
May be a cannibal?
109 Posts
I picked it up too, looking forward to part 2, there seems to be more fighter articles in this issue than the usual

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
I'm afraid of streetfighters becoming too mainstream and having to figure out some other way to not get sick of seeing my own damn bike.

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
Haelo I think you're somewhat shielded from that because there are very few nutters out there starting with 'busas and then hacking them up, at least in the US. I thought I was being original by taking the generally unloved 1000RR and turning it into a ruthless shit bike, but now that I've done more 'net research (for bikes rather than pussy, for a change) I've turned up a few other "original" nutters out there. I've never seen a real, live 'busa fighter though, so you've GOT to be on a rare breed.

·
Normal Sucks
46 Posts
I have two fucking pipes though, top that you other 1000rr 'fighter guys. And if you match me there I've got some nitrous up my sleeve.

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
that was the only article in that magazine worth a damn!!

ssb turned into bling happy fat tired crap. every bike featured in that issue had a 240 or bigger tire on it. wtf??

i did dig the buell though, i'll let the fat tire slide since it wasn't chromed out and had a sick looking intake setup.

·
90 Posts
Ya, I bought that issue as well. Have you looked closely at the pics of that Speed Triple build. Looks good from far... But shit, big nasty ugly gages, big ugly wire harness hanging out, the headlight looks like a big chrome mustache. It even looks like there is unfinished carbon fiber tucked under the gas tank. WTF!

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
skr00zloose said:
that was the only article in that magazine worth a damn!!

ssb turned into bling happy fat tired crap. every bike featured in that issue had a 240 or bigger tire on it. wtf??

i did dig the buell though, i'll let the fat tire slide since it wasn't chromed out and had a sick looking intake setup.
that buell awsome,it was definatly different,like dudee who puts a chain drive on a buell:wtf: :LolLolLolLol: wooot awsome bike

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,433 Posts
Someone should scan and post the streetfighter articles so I don't have to waste my money.

·
410 Posts
I've bought every SSB issue since it came out, but then again it's mostly for the stunting. I do like some of the parts of the custom bikes...the daytona chopper thing had a cool seat using the mountain bike shocks...neat idea. Thought about making my bike a ridgid just so I can use that seat idea!

That speed triple was ugly as hell...and I still don't like the jacked up rears like what they used on teh RC, but to each their own.

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i might be able to take a photo of it..??

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
Good first post mate! +1 for you!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thx for scanning that up alex!

WELCOME TO THE SITE!

·
Bush pilot
591 Posts
Bike looked like shit, pointed up tail, and I see one of those fuckin monster bird or whatever headlight units in the background. In my opinion not very typical of the American style fighter, Knowing full well that 99 % of the readers will be turned even farther off the streetfighter thing after seeing the articles. If they posted a more subtle fighter like most of the one's we build, the article would appeal to a larger audience and people wouldn't be so off on the concept.
Clearly a simple ploy to further discredit the streetfighter uprising by turning people off with the ugliest possible examples of the design. They do the same thing with the coverage of the german fighteramma, only showing goofy bikes and ugly women.

Oh well, :LolLolLolLol:

·
hack
729 Posts
hey easy, without ugly women alot less beer would be drunk and bars would go out of business and bartenders would be out of work. you dont want that to happen, do you?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts