Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the pros and cons of SSSA's versus conventional swingarms???

are they able to handle the same cornering speeds? and g' forces? make any difference with wheelies?

·
Function IS Form
19 Z900, 88 Kat11
17,434 Posts
To be just as strong they have to be made heavier.

So your rear suspension will be heavier. Your wheel (and chain, and rear brake) will come off faster.

When I do SSSAs for people I make sure I buy one that uses as many stock parts as possible.

Also, you need a special stand, which will be harder for one person to use.

Baller status is achieved though!

·
the mad doctor
3,399 Posts
just like already said. the only real benifit is the quicker tire/sprocket/brake removal. and they look cool. oh, and chain adjustment becomes rediculously easy, and there's no fear of a mis-aligned rear wheel.

·
Fresh outta Fighter camp!
357 Posts
Also they stopped using them on bikes that will see a lot of track time; because of uneven tire wear. Even when made as strong as they can, the arm will still flex some under fast/hard cornering, and causes some driver-un-noticed tire chatter. I read an article once where they showed two tires, one on a SSSA after 20 laps, and another on a standard swinger after 20 laps, on the same day, on the same bike. And there were noticable differences between the two wear patterns.

·
(cheers smiley goes here)
4,286 Posts
MAN........ i know nothing about these at all :mad:

All i know is :pwas: :pwas: :pwas: :pwas: :pwas: :pwas:

·
ADAM FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
12,319 Posts
i think the single sided is kool ooking but at the end of the day if im pullin wheelies at 180km i want my tire between two rails,if i was just gunna rip around town and look kool then ya those would be where its at.i think it just comes right back to form V.s function

1 - 7 of 7 Posts