Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
stan said:
i see your doing some good things to the bike.so i have a 93 zx6e and cant find anything online.you seem to know what your doing so i thought it would be smart 2 ask you. I wanted to know if theres a way to update the bike to a newer year.maybe una undertail or front end. i cant find sliders either.is that just how the zx6e is suppose to be.not modifyable(i just made that up) i would like to put a different tail on the bike.i want to lift it off of the tire .i like the empty triangle shaped space it has when the ass is lifted up kind of like and r6.anyways if you could share some ideas on updating my bike id apreciate it.thanks

theres tons of stuff you can do to your bike. what you can build or pay for is your only limits.

if you have a 93 zx6...youd greatly benefit from swapping your old supsension out for a set with recent technolgy. so that would include your front end (front forks,steering stem, wheels, brake calipers and rotors) rear shock and swingarm.
you could probably spend some money on a new set of carbs to get your bike getting plenty of go go juice. intake as well. or you could just rebuild your old set and put in new air filters.
you could put an updated exhaust system on the bike. newer bikes have differently mounted setups, like undertail, highmount, low shortys (new gsxr) or the underbody exhaust (buell).
get some dirtbike bars on your bike so you can sit up straight...
new tires.

you'll be good to go.

and if you dont think you want to do any of that and you just wanna get fairings...we have a 94zx6 (¿d or e?) not pos. if they'll fit, but i think its all there.

hope that helps. ask as many questions as you want....

BUT ONLY POST THEM ONCE :LolLolLolLol:

·
The Soft Serve Enigma
16,719 Posts
www.ZX6E.net!!! lol

Brakes - front, 01-02 GSXR1000 calipers have the same mounts, drill and tap the caliper mount holes (ON THE GSXR CALIPER) to 10x1.25 and use the stock ZX6E bolts. Put a washer on the back of the fork leg on install to center the caliper over the disc.

Swingarm - There's a full sticky write up on that site on how to swap swingarms (ZX6R), rear shocks (ZZR1200), wheels (ZX6R), and then some.

Exhaust - stock 4-2, Vance and Hines, Hindle, and a couple others. I have a custom 4-1.

Changing the gearing is great too, and easy. Check the sticky's on that site for a Guide to Gearing. Carb's don't mess around too much, ZX6's are touchy about that, jetting with a K&N and exhaust is about the best. 95-97 ZX6R pistons are also an upgrade and increase displacement to the wonderful 636cc number (MUST FIND A SET!).

Everything I've learned about my bike and most of my "common mods" were found and due to that site. :D

TADA!

·
Eff Tee Pee
29,631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks like youve got some reading to do stan. :cfrocks:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts