Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Fighter Fanatic
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a question that hopefully the more electronically inclined people on here can answer for me. So the issue is that i have gotten the wiring harness back on my bike and gotten mostly everything wired up. I should have everything to get the starter to turn hooked up but for some reason when i hit the button the starter relay just makes a clicking noise. I tested relay with a light and it only dimly lights it up. Is there some reason i wouldn't be getting full power.
P.S. There is no oil or coolant in the bike yet and the oil pressure sensor is not attached and neither is the temp sensor. Can those variables effect the starting.

Oh and the bike is a 1987 CBR 600 F1 Hurricane.

·
V-Twin FTW
326 Posts
Check your battery. Unloaded voltage should read between 12.6-13.2 Volts DC. When the battery is loaded (key on) it shouldn't drop below 11.5 VDC. I'd start there.

If your battery is ok, check your grounds, wires, and connections.

·
Fighter Fanatic
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the tip man but I actually figured out that the wrong washer got put back on the starter. It was a rubber washer. I'm sure you can fill in the blanks on why it wasn't getting power hahaha:stooges.sml:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts