Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

StaticLowLife's GSXF

14K views 109 replies 19 participants last post by  venturesomerite 
#1 ·
StaticLowLife's Fake Bobber GSXF (Bandit)

well alright here we go, this is my first build. I've built cars in the past. mostly 4cyl turbo builds. but i decided to move to something a little more exciting. so at the beginning of this summer i picked up a 08 GSX650F. (Basically a bandit) drove it from the beginning of summer till about nowish. one day i happened to stumble upon the streetfighter style and fell in love. i instantly related because of the corrilation to the stripped out cars i built. so i said hell, thats my style. so heres what ive done so far, (Not Much but a start)

Strip bike.

yea thats about all that I've got accomplished. i work 3 jobs so free time is hard to come by. plus finishing my other turd project (08 big turbo SRT4) but i have a list of things id like to get accomplished this winter.

Get tank painted black
paint motor Black
have forks coated
new clutch and brake levers
Lower bike 2"
Do something with the tail, (Chop or Swap)
Misc items coated
new Bars
new wheels
smaller radiator
new overflow container
new sprocket
new swing arm. (Not looking for a lot of ridiculous stretch but one or two inches would be great.

other than that, i would love any criticism good or bad anything would be helpful. i can tell you how to make a 4G63 run a 9 sec pass. but when it comes to modifying bikes hey im still learning. thanks in advance and glad to be here!!

Day i bought it

Stickers removed

Current State

(Side note) other money pit project.

See less See more
#2 ·
Man I think like every bike looks better naked! It looks like a real fucking machine that way!

#4 ·
Like where your headed so far!! I bet that little Dodge can tear up the streets. We have a couple of SRT4's out here and I will gladly race a SRT8 or 10 before I ever mess with the little guys...those turbos really set them free

#5 ·
thank you sir. yes ive had my fun with the SRT6 and 8 Guys, when i had the s2Billet turbo and 900CC injectors meth and a fic the car ran low 12's. with some other goodies. lol dynoed at 349hp with 367tq.but ive fell inlove with riding the bike with no plastics its weird how removing a windscreen can amplify the riding experience so much! im currently researching what swing arm i can run. its tough because the GSXF "owners market" isnt very big, and I've been told that theres a few differences between the Bandit and the GSXF even though there very similar.

Reactions: Pacemaker
#8 ·
Holy shit, would you make a mess in that garage already?

Lol looks like progress to me!

#9 ·
Lol i tend to be anti mess. things to still figure out

find a suitable radiator.
Do something with the header
Either get all the bolts i have coated or idfk have to figure something out.
and really nail down if im going to do a bobber style seat, or nothing and leave it as is. BC the wife wants to ride next season.

#10 ·
Ok sooooo, my lack of knowledge is starting to rear it's head, I'm looking to have rear sets and bolts and misc things anodized bronze, however only certain alloys apparently can be anodized and I don't know the specific alloys of things. I really would like to have the outer fork tubes done to any suggestions on color proses guys? I'll post this in the noob section to thanks guys in advance.

And after some help from the guys who contributed to my thread I'll be going with anodizing on my various products

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#11 ·
Mini update as I partially intoxicated. I headed out to my thinking recliner in the garage and stared at the bike to think of what I can create to make me like the bike more, and well playing with the stock tail I came up with this, I'm defiantly digging it, it would only take minor modifications to work. What y'all think? Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Car Automotive tire

#15 ·
Thank you sir, the goal like my cars cut mend swap until i have total gratification out of it. I'm trying to work with the stock tail somewhat. To see if It can meet my standards before I start trying different ones or going with a stubby seat. I'll try anything until I'm happy. And I'm finding this to be a little different than cars. Cars to me are easy there's a simple formula that works for me, strip, build, turbo. That's it. But the bike is different to me. My bike represents total freedom to me no "cage" around me unrestricted power, I've been fortunate enough after working my ass off for many many years to have some fun toys but I've absolutely fell in love with no faring speed. It's difficult to describe. So much different than a car. Total love. And fax is such a underrated bike. The gixxers get all the fame. But this is really a great bike. So my main goal is to cut mend weld until the bike looks as great as it performs. I have a spare kd04 turbo and a synapse blow off valve that by the end of winter may be on the bike. (Spoiler alert) although the turbo maybe to big for the bike, even though I'd live to use the FPgreen I have laying around

#16 ·
Update.
Fork tubes are out for anodizing. Other parts are being painted, I'm working on the intercooler set up, I may fabricate my own if I'm not happy with what I get back. I'm starting to think the kd04 turbo may be to big and have to much lag, tuning is my my next big issue I should of researched before I started, I keep forgetting this isn't a civic I can tune on chrome. Major updates to come hopefully by next weekend.

#20 ·
Well I'm finally happy with the over all profile. So this is what it will look like when it's all said and done. With all the fun bits on the way. And all the bs powdercoated anodized, and the turbo. Sorry for the lack of progress. I just wanted to be happy with the profile before I started on the other nonsense. Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

#27 ·
Creative block. I'm confused. I want to bob the tail and seat, I want to do a r6 tail I want to leave it bare with the double seat and make a underpan. Then I'm wondering about bars I really want some renthal bars but then I want clip ons. I think I may pause everything untill I decide what I want to do. Everytime I decide on somthing I sit in my chair as stare at the bike. Then I want to do somthing different ugh. End rant

#29 ·
dirt bars. Easily reversible but i guarantee you on the gsx you will not want the clips back.

The bob tail, to me... is a hack. Nothing more, just lazy "building".

RARELY does it fit the bike or look decent, but unfinished and half assed.

#28 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire Motor vehicle
this I just love love this profile bare. To me this is what I love naked stripped. I love it. This is prolly what I'm going to do. I thought I wanted to do a tail swap and all this other stuff. But I'm thinking I wanted to do it because it seems to be the norm for y'all. So I've still got a lot of unique things I'm going to do. So we'll see

#30 ·
Flip your clipons it gives you a more comfortable riding position.

#33 ·
Don't bob it put some real thought into it and look at the pics section hard. There is a million things that you can do that'll look better than a bob. I hate to say it because I'm looking hard at them but look at race ninja 250-300 tails they are short but look so fucking sexy. There alot of tail fairings that are shorter now a days that look amazing and wouldn't take much subframe wise to fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.