Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
221 - 240 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #221 ·
heh, I meant the forks. Going upside down when you rebuild? Hopefully insurance wlll sort you out fairly and you come out ahead.
Sry - not first language :LolLolLolLol:
Im not sure about USDs (upsidedowns - i get it )
I kind of like this semiretro look - I drive usually in the city and not more than 20 min to the work and back. The quality of shocks does not bother me that much. Plus I have to give up my nice idiot light setup when swapping to usd's and oder new clipons and swap out the brakes etc.
I kinda liked the idea that its finished and there is absolutely nothing I have to do except riding :)

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #222 ·
Sorry to hear about the accident dude, but I'm glad to hear you made it through it in good order though...
I was well equipped - altough I didnt have any leg protection on that time ... because I went to lunch around the corner and I didnt have a plan to learn new flying moves in the middle of the street... but heres my gear I took the impact with.

EVS Ballistic jersey under simple black XL hoodie

And Duke DK120 helmet

Ride safe! (nobody knows when it happens to you)

·
Breaking shit...
3,368 Posts
I was well equipped - altough I didnt have any leg protection on that time ... because I went to lunch around the corner and I didnt have a plan to learn new flying moves in the middle of the street... but heres my gear I took the impact with.

EVS Ballistic jersey under simple black XL hoodie

And Duke DK120 helmet

Ride safe! (nobody knows when it happens to you)
Nice gear. gonna look the jersey armor up.

Bike looks good with the old school forks, I was just curious. Didnt think about the custom upper/lights stuff you did, it would be a shame to lose all that.

·
Fearless Keyboard Warrior
115 Posts
I'm glad that you and the bike are okay. Hopefully there is no hidden damage to the bike and you'll be back on the road in no time.

·
Fuck it, let's do it live
4,007 Posts
Just saw this. Glad you're alright!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Typical nobody stopped to check you were ok, everyone just drove around you, I know you were on your feet but a bit of humanity and care would have gone a long way. Glad your ok.

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
Fancy tossing your hat into FOTM again?

Mattson thinks he can take all comers with his Blue Trumpet. :D

gimme at least two competitors and we'll talk. Six days time with zero entries, makes me question why is it even run monthly, IMO would be better to wait till at least there's three contestants before launching the vote.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #234 ·
Maybe in next month/s - See the good thing about small accidents is that there is an insurance that comes to help in tuning your bike as an emotional compensation :)
So the bike gets new proper paint job pluss some new details here and there.
At the moment its not in its top condition - but it will be - soon

Tank and other parts will have a new layer of paint
Things that are ordered:
Rearset Race Black Edition Aluminium, 302.48€
Footpeg adapter mount, aluminium black, 19.08€
Footpeg Street aluminium black, 19.08€
CRG hindsight 3" (76,2 mm) bar end mirror, left, black, 71.40€
Mirror bar end clamp felipe black, 9.79€
Mounting kit, crashpad aluminium mount black, 49.92€
Crashpad aluminium mount, 28,33€
43mm Clipons, 33,18€
Suzuki Bandit Lever, 19.07€

Generally it will look the same - only better :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey stealth if you don't mind me asking.... I'm building a 2008 Bandit and I want to get the same look of your bars. What type of bars are those? Thanks

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
One more question.....is there an upgrade for the hydraulic clutch assembly on the bar.... I'd like to install a cnc set of master cylinders but i don't want to mess up the hydraulic clutch set up. Even if there is a bike that i could swap with.... Do you know of anyone that has done this or have you any experience doing this.... Appreciate the help

Sent from my SM-J327T1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #238 ·
The only experience Ive had was with these
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.XClutch+Brake+Levers+Master+Cylinder+Reservoir+Suzuki+GSF1200+BANDIT+2001-2006.TRS0&_nkw=Clutch+Brake+Levers+Master+Cylinder+Reservoir+Suzuki+GSF1200+BANDIT+2001-2006&_sacat=0

Lasted for 6 months until clutch didnt work any more.
Replaced only levers on mine and kept master cylinders. (original cylinders have worked for 21years - so they will last a bit longer than cheap chinese crap)

·
Administrator
5,264 Posts
But seriously... the bike is in its top condition and ready to fight.
Now all I need is some time to make some badass pics and FOTM here I come.
Closing date tomorrow, make it so!

221 - 240 of 274 Posts