Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner
241 - 260 of 274 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #255 ·
I have been riding and riding and riding- so some updates are made and planned in the next weeks.

First thing I did was I replaced everything on the power transmission area - chain, chain wheels, chain slider.

Today I put on an adjustable GSXR 1100 rear shock with spring. Adjuster assy sits under the seat in its own small compartment and is not visible from outside. So the bike looks the same as before. Even painted the spring the same color as the rest of details on the bike.

The GSXR shock was a bit longer than mine - 6 mm - but I set the spring adjuster to lowest position as its already compressed in the neutral position. This combo works fine and if I sit on the bike its nice and soft and drops down few cm. So the spring is working and allowing the ride to be soft and adjustable.

Some pics.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #258 ·
Step III

New speedometer. I managed to make a 360deg with my old speedo indicator at somewhat high speeds and pressed it against the 0 stop pin from the wrong side - I think I stretched some spring inside. Since that it started jumping and didnt show any accurate speed any more :(
Guess it wasnt made to be used in speeds over 200kph.
So I needed a new one.This one is 160 max :) - hope it can handle more.
At the moment all whats planned for this year has been done - lets see about next year.

241 - 260 of 274 Posts