Custom Fighters - Custom Streetfighter Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lemme see your steering dampeners on Oil Boilers.

Pictures are super helpful.

Details on what you used (aftermarket company, or what the part came stock on), and how you mounted are greatly appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
3,021 Posts
Sorry I don't have any good pics.

I don't know about the 1st gen's but the 2nd gen's have two riv-nuts just about the left side of the engine's intake cam. You can get a small triangular bracket that will allow you to mount a steering damper. I had a Scott's on my '89 but I couldn't run it with my Zrx fairing. I've done several track days and it seems quite stable without one.

Later, Doug

·
Oiler Boilereerer...er(s)
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will be using 93 usg gsxr forks on a 96 kat 600 frame, so I'm just fishing for ideas.

G

·
The kat frame has stable geometry as stock so i doubt you will actually NEED a damper unless you end up with a real mismatch or suspension parts badly setup, i'd be more inclined to spend the money on proper setup of the forks & shock you use

Many stock suzuki's have dampers some side mounted (gsxr1100k,l,m etc) others mounted crosswise from the bottom yoke (busa later gsxr's etc) a quick look around at your local stealership or bike meet will get you all the info you need

1 - 4 of 4 Posts